Existing Member?

Runnin on Rice November, 2 2009 - February, 1 2009 Michal and Sara travel through South West China and South East Asia.

Yangshuo, China

CHINA | Sunday, 8 November 2009 | Views [327] | Comments [1]

So we are now in Yangshuo, China. The trip from Hong Kong was suprisingly luxurious. It was about a 12 hour bus trip over night. We expected to tough it out and get a few hours of sleep, no big deal. When we were about to get on the bus I noticed the bus was set up with beds! We slept like babies, arrived at 6:30 in the morning ready for the day. This place is pretty freakin cool. The landscape here is strait out of a fairytale! Unfortunatly, the photo uploading is shit. Everything is in Chinese. Even after spending an hour guessing and checking all the file choices, something is not working. Please be pacient and we will download them asap. Yesterday we rented some bikes and got lost in the country side. I guess it happens alot though. Everybody here is very nice. Seriosly, every place i have ever traveled "the people are so nice!" but here it is really true. Even in Hong Kong, a huge city, people would stop and ask if we needed directions or help with anything. Communists arn't as bad as they say! Today we had a bamboo raft trip down the Li river. It was relaxing and beautiful. I can't describe the beauty of this place in words. U're all gonna have to stay posted for those damn photos. We saw dog on a menu today... We opted out of trying in though. Ok, we miss you all and will write soon.

 

Comments

1

Bella did NOT like hearing about dog on the menu!

Stay safe and have fun...looking forward to pics! By the way, Michal, your Bears lost to Arizona this weekend (ok, also the Broncos aren't undefeated anymore...)

  Andrea Nov 12, 2009 5:58 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.