Existing Member?

Runnin on Rice November, 2 2009 - February, 1 2009 Michal and Sara travel through South West China and South East Asia.

Hong Kong, China

CHINA | Friday, 6 November 2009 | Views [529] | Comments [2]

So we are already on our last day here in Hong Kong!

It was a great place to get accustomed to the time change without completely being overwhelmed by culture shock. We stayed at a person's house who we connected with through couchsurfing.org. It was our first experience with this network of squatters, but it was a great one. Nice clean room in Sid's apartment all to ourselves. with hot showers too!Hong Kong is a city that you can see a guy  with a expensive suit drive by in a Ferrari and then watch an old woman on a run down bicycle ride by selling raw, skinned chickens . pretty wild. The most amazing thing about this city is how many people they squeeze into such a small area. Everything is built up. You can see this on a few of our photos. Food is great here but really hard to order. We thought they spoke more English in Hong Kong then in the rest of China.... If that's really the case, we may end up in Mongolia tomorrow!! Last night we watched the Hong Kong City scape put on a crazy light and Laser show. I got a little picture happy. It was pretty impressive, (Not that just the city scape at night isn't already very cool) OK, that's sort of everything that happened in Hong Kong. We are off to Guilin next. This is that very scenic area that has lush, green, steep bluffs popping out next to the Li river. We will write then.

Also, you may have to wait just a bit longer for photos. this computer doesn't have a port for our memory card.

Tags: hong kong

Comments

1

Glad to hear that u guys made it to Hong Kong safely although I'm not so sure about the couchsurfing. Doubt if I could do it anymore. I can't wait for u to put pictures of your adventures on here. Sounds like a beautiful place or are u discribing it as you look thru the bottom of your beer mug(LOL). BE SAFE & PE@CE

  Andy Nov 7, 2009 4:15 PM

2

Hi Sara & Michael (who I can't wait to meet some day): I really love following you around China while sitting here at my desk in Lagrange, Georgia. It's so exciting that you are actually doing something you said you wanted to do--not just dreaming about it. Young people--they are so adventurous! I'll say like all your friends, I can't wait to see the pictures. Keep traveling safely! Love, Aunt Amy

  Aunt Amy Nov 17, 2009 12:24 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.