Existing Member?

Andy's Travel Updates "The real thing is not reaching, the real thing is the journey, the very travelling. If you are too bothered about the goal you will miss the journey, and the journey is life - the goal can only be death."

Mouths of the Bull, Lost and Found

PANAMA | Tuesday, 9 March 2010 | Views [555]

Bocas del Toro (Mouths of the Bull) boasts some nice Caribbean beaches on nice Caribbean islands. The ocean is a beautiful shade of blue and coconut trees cling to every inch of soil or rock. I stayed near red frog beach, named after the tiny red frogs (not unlike the Allens variety, except more poisonous) that live nowhere else except in the trees behind that beach. I found a couple of them (but didn´t have my camera on me).
 
On the road to Bocas I stopped at a small place called Lost and Found - a hostel in a right in the middle of the forest. There was a great view, animals came right up to the lodge and there were great walking trails. Strangely they also had a small maze at the end of which was a clue that started a 3 hour treasure hunt/hikein the jungle. Some other people spied a sloth nearby but I missed it.
 
Between Lost and Found and Bocas four of us shared a taxi - we were waiting for the bus but a taxi stopped and offered a cheaper price so we took that instead. Ten minutes down the road the driver stopped, got out and began looking for something in the grass, almost disappearing into the thick cloud as he wandered away. After one of those ¨taxi-cheaper-than-a-bus-is-too-good-to-be-true-so-maybe-he-is-a-serial-killer¨ moments, it turned out he was looking for part of his car that had fallen off.

About mrandrew

Selfie by the river

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.