Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

England once again

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 7 September 2007 | Views [947] | Comments [9]

I'm in England, yet again. It's not because I have some sort of love for this place. It happens to be incredibly expensive, yet the closest thing to a home I have in Europe. I leave in 20 days to venture into the wilds of Nepal and Tibet. I just finished reading For Tibet With Love by Isabel Losada, an absolutely amazing book so I emailed her and let her know, now I'm in contact with her and waiting on her schedule to see if she's avaliable for a drink when I'm in London so I can pick her brain. That sentence is too long. Oh yeah, I can build awesome stone footpaths in case anyone ever needs one built, also, I built a BBQ pit. I know, I'm amazing, but just so you know, there are some rocks that explode when they get too hot, just an FYI. Ok, enough. I hope people are still reading this, maybe you will just have to buy my book to catch up. Stay classy.

Alex

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

I hope you get to meet this author, I actually hope that it happens while your Mom is with you. She would enjoy it as well.
As for stone footpaths, well, as you may recall I have some experience there. A very gratifying endeavor. I am sure Marian is very pleased with your handiwork. A BBQ as well, oh my, you are industrious!!!
I will be thinking of and praying for you on your Nepal Tibet adventure. Such great experiences!!!
Love and prayers always, GM

  Grandmother Sep 7, 2007 8:17 AM

2

Hey, Alex--I'm your gma's neighbor--remember me??
One of my classmates in India was from Nepal (Katmandu)--he family (Mom & Dad) were Dr's MD's in Katmandu for YEARS--probably 1940-1960's perphaps--the name is Robert Fleming...see if you can find any info on them while there---?

Been enjoying your missive's your Gma has been sharing!!

  Ellen Sep 7, 2007 9:52 AM

3

Nice, now you can build me a BBQ and then a pool out of stones...after Nepal of course. Make sure Colby doesn't do anything stupid like try to summit Everest. Good to hear you're still on for Nepal. I may be out in Spain or Holland in Februaryish for work no clue yet. Well enjoy the Himalayas man.
-Brian

  Brian Sep 7, 2007 12:18 PM

4

Hey Alex we all miss you and yes we do read to see what is going on with you sounds like a great adventure for you be careful much love aunt T
PS I'm due to be grandma again anytime now will be a boy Chandler Ellis love ya !!

  Theresa Sep 8, 2007 2:43 PM

5

Yeah, if you could try not to summit Everest as well, I'd be ok with that. I don't think your mountain climbing training has prepared you for that yet. Bring back some wonderful stories. Will miss hearing from you while you are out of technological commission. Keep thy journal well.

  Jessica Sep 9, 2007 12:25 PM

6

Glad you posted again, oh master rock mason. Know you are glad to be back at Marion's. I have a few books from your author coming and hope they will be in before I leave for London. See you in twelve days.

  Diana Sep 10, 2007 7:12 AM

7

I have a booger!

  Doug Sep 12, 2007 8:07 AM

8

Alex! Don't forget to call JC when you head back this way. We miss you.

And after your visit to Nepal I want to hear every last damn detail. One of many places I've always wanted to go.

  Meagan Sep 13, 2007 7:34 AM

9

Hey Alex,

I've surfaced again. We're having kitchen beautician at your Mom's tonight. Doug should be home anytime now to get his hair cut. Shannon has aluminum antennas all over her head. The price of beauty. I hope your Nepal experience is as wonderful as I've heard it is, but first I know you'll enjoy being with your Mom in London. Good times, great memories. Still miss your smart ass self.

Love,
J

  Jackie Sep 18, 2007 12:17 PM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.