Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

Whoaaaaaaa

GERMANY | Monday, 23 July 2007 | Views [866] | Comments [5]

So the past week I've been in Strubensee at the family's second home. We've been clearing the barn of horse shit, spiders, hay, and ferrets. I'm tired. Not because of the work, but because of the party last night. We did all this cleaning and clearing for their annual summerfest. They have a bunch of their friends get together and have a BBQ and drink and talk and chill to music and try new wines etc etc. It was a good party but holy hell I drank too much. My thought process was this, "If I worked this hard for the past week, I may as well enjoy it". Enjoy it I did. Not only did I hit on a Florians friends mom, but I had a drinking contest with a German guy, drinking shots of this Czech booze. It got to the point where his wife stopped him because I wasn't going to quit. Hell yeah, Texans don't quit. I don't know how I managed to stay up til 4 but I did, and slept til 1. It was one hell of an experience. I talked with Vibekes brother about everything ranging from politics to love. Nik turned 18 last night so we got him Drunkkkkkkk. The format of this post sucks but I'm still a little tipsy. I will post pictures eventually. P.S.- Look for a YouTube post of me lighting a fart on fire. Nik didn't know it actually worked and Florian thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen....and to think some people thought I wouldn't be a good aupairman.

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

You have been such an educator for those lucky boys and have provided laughs for many for years to come (both with and at you, I am sure). The video will show up in places you least expect it. Last night's video along with last year's "Dancing Queen" is almost a box set. Maybe you should go for the trifecta.
XO,
Mom

  Diana Jul 23, 2007 1:33 PM

2

Well hopefully you singed most of your bum hairs. Were they paying you for all of this? You must strike pride into the hearts of those of the young German flock.

  Jessica Jul 23, 2007 1:49 PM

3

Heavens Alex, you have the most amazing experiences!!! Definitely book worthy. Those boys will never forget their American aupair.
I know that the German part of your travels is about to end, I am sure you will have great memories to carry with you for a lifetime.
Much love, GM

  Grandmother Jul 24, 2007 1:19 AM

4

Way to represent Texas Alex! I agree with your mom... go get drunk again and give us a REAL boxed set, you can only do it with 3 or more... Glad to hear you are keeping on pace with Ryan and I on drunken calls, videos, etc... Take care.
Brian

  Brian Jul 25, 2007 12:28 PM

5

You crack me up man. Glad your still your old self. Part of me hopes your kidding about the fart thing but another part hopes your not. And yes I'm trying to use "your" as much as possible. Take care and thanks for keeping me on my feet Mr. Gramar Patrol.

  Ryan Jul 25, 2007 1:55 PM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.