Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

Airports

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 17 May 2007 | Views [762] | Comments [7]

I'm sittin in the airport, waiting to go to Berlin. I thought I'd take a few minutes and give you guys a general update since I don't know the next time I will be online. I left Marion today, sad because she's a great lady, happy because I get to keep traveling. She cooked me a massive meal today because she's worried I won't eat well. Home cured bacon, fried eggs, Welsh cider and apple sausage, grilled mushrooms and tomoatoes and toast. I told her that if she gave me any more food I would have to be rolled out of the house. You know what's creepy? Airport police walking around with locked and loaded HK MP5's. Jesus, that's an intimidating sight but for some reason when they looked at me I couldn't help but smile. Like, "Whatcha gonna do, shoot me?" I'm cocky, fearless, and can sometimes be a little ignorant, because yes, they could shoot me. My feet stink and that's not good. I write that while I sit here and look at the never ending supply of attractive women my age that keep streaming by. I used to have issues with talking to attractive women when they were around, what am I going to do since I haven't seen one in 3 months? Ok, it's finally time for me to board my plane. Take care friends and family,

Alex

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

MP5's, smelly feet, and eye candy, oh WoW!

The departure terminals in Europe really haven't changed since the early 80's.

Safe Journey.

  Old Wizzened Goat May 18, 2007 2:33 AM

2

Dear Al,
Got the book "The Dangerous Book for Boys" and will forward it on to you and Florian when I am finished. What a wonderful read. No cure for smelly feet in it though! Very excited for you. Post your new address soon, please.
XOXOXO,
Mom

  Diana May 18, 2007 5:57 AM

3

MP5's, smelly feet, and eye candy, oh WoW!

The departure terminals in Europe really haven't changed since the early 80's.

Safe Journey.

  Old Wizzened Goat May 18, 2007 6:16 AM

4

It's so wonderful being home, but I wander around feeling as if I forgot something, or something is missing. I'm coming to recognize more and more clearly that the thing is you. Wish I could be where you are. I'm jealous of you going to Germany...have I already said that. I'll reiterate, I am jealous.

Chances are, those security guards would probably shoot you as soon as they smelled your feet, thinking someone was attempting to unleash toxic gasses on the helpless public. Good luck with that. :)
Love

  Jessica May 18, 2007 2:18 PM

5

Hey Alex,
Hope everything goes well in Berlin. Do you have a "plan B" if your job goes "Kaputt," though just in case? I looked into coming and seeing you in Berlin. But can't find anything for less than $1100, wow! I look forward to talking to you soon. Your GM advised me on SKYPE Communications. I'll call as soon as I get your new number.
Love ya'& Me PAW U,
Dad

  Dad May 19, 2007 7:48 AM

6

You didn't mention whether the police were wearing gas masks. I think Jessica's on the right track. Most likely they were searching for the source of the toxic gas released on the unsuspecting public. I experienced your smelly feet in a closed room outside Rome in 2001 and it's an experience I would only wish on my enemies. If I had enemies, which I don't. Yet. You want to look for the eye candy who appears to have a sinus problem so she can't smell your feet -- on your other noxious gas.

Plan B??? Your LIFE is Plan B! Adventure on.

Good luck in Berlin! Try not to corrupt the kid ... oh never mind, that was silly.

You know I love you, and I'm proud of you, and I wish you were here so I could pick on you in person, and get it back from you.
J

  Jackie May 20, 2007 12:26 AM

7

Well, the adventures continues. I am so proud of you Alex!!! I know that Florian will be a joy to help with his English. Ok, I am praying that he is a joy to be with. Since you are up to any and all challenges, no problem, right?
Love,GM

  Grandmother May 20, 2007 6:29 AM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.