Existing Member?

Bhutan Cultural Visit

First impressions of Thailand

THAILAND | Friday, 22 March 2013 | Views [514]

Got some good sleep. There is no restaurant in this hotel so I asked where to go to get something to eat. They pointed to the open market up the road. OMG, I'm going to starve! It was interesting to walk around, and they did have areas with tables and there were vendors cooking, but I had no idea what they were preparing! I understand how many Bahts to a dollar but I couldn't deciphyer any of the signs, and no one spoke English. Some very interesting fruit. I identified a mango, some apples, and a banana so I decided that would have to do. Took them back to my room, washed them with bottled water and soap, and had for lunch. I usually never eat the chips and pop that came with my room, but they started to look really good to me...something I recognized. I'll get by until my flight to Bhutan tomorrow morning. Then, more strange food, but at least I'll have my guide to explain things to me.

There is a little park-like sitting area outside the hotel. Orchids grow everywhere! Yes, it is hot and humid, but that allows all the greenery. Got to take the good with the bad. So the change in climate here is great for getting Spring fever. It will be another couple months before much of anything starts growing in Evergreen.

The flight in to Bhutan should be magnificent. If I'm lucky, I might get a glimpse of Mt. Everest. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!! 

Tags: flowers, food, language, thailand

About mountaingirl0602

Punnakha Dzong

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.