Existing Member?

Ozarks and Beyond If the Ozarks had a beach it would be almost perfect.

Still Workin'

USA | Friday, 12 August 2011 | Views [283]

The Gang exiting the stands following the Tattoo. From left to right: Cassie, Kate, Brook, Kinsey, Taylor, Jantzen, Ben, Gretchen, Pam and Aaron.

The Gang exiting the stands following the Tattoo. From left to right: Cassie, Kate, Brook, Kinsey, Taylor, Jantzen, Ben, Gretchen, Pam and Aaron.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

It's hard to believe it's Friday already.  These two weeks have been just flying by although I think we've all begun to miss a few of the comforts of home.  I know I heard one of the girls mention yesterday that she's started dreaming of her mom's fried chicken.  While the food here has been pretty good, a mom's fried chicken would be hard to argue with.

Today the rain slacked off a bit and the temperatures came back up.  We actually got out of the fifties today.  This morning Tracy Roberts (Cassie and Ben's Mom) took the kids hiking up to the top of Holyrood mountain.  There were a few slips on the way back down but the weather held and the kids had a great time seeing all of Edinburgh laid out below them. After they got back from the hike they took a in play/puppet show about Tim Burton.  Now I have to admit that Denise and I slacked off and went shopping instead.  It's not that I don't like puppets, it's just that I loathe them. Sorry.

This afternoon was the kid's third performance of "The Illiad the Odyssey and all of Greek mythology in 99 minutes or less."  They've had very good reviews from both audience members and one published review.  Attendance continues to do pretty well which is a great encouragement to the group as I think their energy levels are beginning to wain just a tad and some of the other high school groups are getting just the minimum attendance.

Tonight we took in a play called "Hamlet in 3D".  It was a very well performed show by a group out of New York.  They were able to put Hamlet (in it's original old-English) to a modern cast with some creative multimedia that included a cameo by Alec Baldwin.  Keep in mind that I'm not the biggest Shakespeare fan but I found this play very well done and enjoyable pretty much all the way through.

Tomorrow is the kid's last production and then we have to go see another high school perform "Seussical Junior."  Since Central just got done doing a nice job of Seussical it would have been nice to see something else.

Well, it's late again and we did a lot of walking again so I'll let you go and try to get some rest.

Thanks for keeping up.

Randy

p.s. I uploaded some shots from the "Military Tattoo" the other night.

About moore9503


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.