Existing Member?

Ozarks and Beyond If the Ozarks had a beach it would be almost perfect.

Time to Perform

USA | Tuesday, 9 August 2011 | Views [274]

The kids onstage performing on the Royal Mile with about 1000 people around.

The kids onstage performing on the Royal Mile with about 1000 people around.

Today started as well as one could possible hoped.  The kids had their first performance this morning up at Pilrig Studio and the attendance was fantastic.  We had been warned that an early morning performance, on it's first day, may not do too well audience wise on their first time out.  However, our concerns were completely unfounded.  I'm guessing the studio holds around 150 people and the kids filled it two thirds to three quarters full.  Fantastic.

Following the performance we dashed back to the dorms and grabbed a quick lunch after which the kids headed back down to the Royal Mile to do a "street" performance.  In spite of standing on a little stage on a street filled with thousands of people the gang performed without flaw.  You should have seen the looks on their faces knowing that they had done well at the premier performing arts festival in the world.  Congrats to all the kids.

After they finished their street performance, we celebrated by grabbing a bite at the "Elephant House."  Now I know we've talked about this before but the Elephant House is where J.K. Rowling wrote the first Harry Potter novel.  To top off what started as a nearly perfect day we sat in the back of the cafe where J.K. sat and looked out at the same view.  You'd have thought we had just visited Santa's workshop and I have to say I'm included in the wonder-struck in the group.

This evening the group is attending a couple of performances by other high school groups to get a feel for what others are doing and how they compare.  Denise and I had to leave a little early to bring Taylor back to the dorms.  It looks like she may have a little food poisoning.  Fortunately, the kids don't perform again until late tomorrow evening so she will have a little time to recover and get some rest.

In case you've been watching the rioting in England I would like to inform you that we are doing fine and do not feel unsafe at all.  Scotland is a world away from middle and southern England and it doesn't have near the social problems that the south has.

Well, it's time to go and hit the sheets.  My prediction yesterday that it would get busy from here on in was right on the nose, so....

Good luck and we'll talk later.

Randy

Tags: edinburgh, fringe festival

About moore9503


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.