Existing Member?

Wanderlust This blog is mainly set up to reassure my mum that I am doing fine and am not getting myself into too much trouble. For everyone else who is interested in my travels hope you enjoy reading my brief accounts of the places I am exploring.

Sevilla

USA | Tuesday, 23 September 2008 | Views [402] | Comments [6]

(For Mercedes especially)  We are in Sevilla with Natalie and she is going great.  It is so awesome to be here with her because it is like being with a local.  We have seen the sights in a way we could not have without her and it was so fun for me to be able to bar hop with her.  Sevilla is a beautiful city, great parks, tiled buildings and busy squares.  Saw a really fun low key flamenco preformance the first night in a hot, crowded little location which was really amazing.  Yesterday we drove to some Roman ruins just outside the city which had some beautiful mosaics and explored the extensive park, Maria Louisa (?).  Today we were awed by the cathedral and had a delicious picnic.  It is lightly raining which is very refeashing and remines us of home. 

Mum and dads trip is kind of winding down, only four more nights.  And on that note Mercedes and Jeff, my dad wants me to tell you their flight info and that they do not expect you to pick them up, only if it works for you: Flight #AS15 Alaska, departs Boston 6:20, Arrives Seattle 9:36. Guys of the guys hike, my dad says he hopes you all had a great time.  

Comments

1

The hike was enjoyed by all..sunset at shi shi, beach fires,hikes up and down the beach, good food and friends..nothing more could be asked..really sorry about the camera but you know the memories and experiences are worth much more..tell your folks we can't wait to see them..seems like they've been gone a lot longer..

  David Sep 24, 2008 11:32 AM

2

Hey Monica
Thanks for the updates, you know I must know everything. They are talking about postponing the presidential debate and the campaign. We are missing our children and will keep waiting for words from you. Can't wait to see your mom and dad, keep Natalie company in benalmedina. The fall is coming here in Seattle with rain and cool nights. Love Mercedes

  Mercedes Fernandez Sep 25, 2008 2:41 PM

3

hey monica,
do your folks have a ride? buen suerte en sus viajes!

  David Sep 27, 2008 3:50 PM

4

Sounds like your trip has been amazing so far. Can't wait to leave the USA (drama) and join you overseas!!

  Shannon Sep 30, 2008 11:55 AM

5

Hi Mon,
So looking forward to hearing about your travels. We arrived home, having both felt so happy to have spent that time with you in Spain and Portugal. It still seems sureal that you are out here in the world and I don't where you are! I hope the hiking is good, hope the sandals are fine, and you are having fun.

We are setting up the Coast Salish show and its wonderful. the opening will coincide with Biden/ Palin debate, I hope it doesn't effect attendance. The states are crazy right now between the election and the economy. Good time to be overseas.

I love you bunches and miss you so much. Can't wait for the next blog entry, Mom

  Mom Oct 1, 2008 12:16 PM

6

Yeah, thanks so much for writing your blog. i love it Mon. It sounds like you were impressed with Barcelona. What did you do. What did you eat, what did you drink- all that fun stuff. How are the trains working out? And how were the hostels? The pyrenhees sound so beautiful. How perfect to have read the River Why. It is a book for people who love rivers. I always imagine the Umpqua when I read the River Why, such a classic Oregon River. Were the wildflowers still in bloom or were their mountain forests starting to turn as well. The vine maples in the garden are going brilliant orange and red and the Parrotia is turning red tipped on its leaves. My two favorite fall trees at Green lake are also turning. I need to find out what they are. They are so graceful and lovely. It is definately getting to be autumn, and you are not going back to school:)

The economy is not responding to the bailout, thus far, and the dirt is starting to fly in the campaign. Just when we desperatly need a serious and intelligent conversation outlining our country's immense potential for greatness, the debate is in the gutter. America is so ready for great leadership. We have such stunning potential.

The pop culture take on the election is Tina Fey's spot on parody of Sarah Palin. Its funny, however right now I am not in the mood for our serious political situation to become trivialized, just doesn't seem funny anymore.

You have picked such a good time for your travels. Its interesting to obsere the country from across the Atlantic.

Keep up the blog. I love you so very much, Mom

  Mom Oct 7, 2008 7:18 AM

About monicaraye


Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.