Existing Member?

New Zealand A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~Lao Tzu

Sydney!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 21 February 2008 | Views [497] | Comments [4]

My first two days in Sydney have been great.  I wandered around Darling Harbour, which was darling, and saw the aquarium, which included some really interesting creatures like sea dragons (kind of like sea horses, but bigger and weird.)  Unfortunately, I missed the platypus.  Oh well.

Yesterday I saw the Opera House really for the first time (I had a glance from the plane when we were far away,) and Harbour Bridge.  Both were very cool, and I hope to explore them a bit more.  After that, I walked from Coogee Beach to Bondi Beach.  Although the walk was not that long, it took all day because I had several beaches to stop at in-between.  It was beautiful, and the day was cloudless.  Unfortunately, despite many applications of sunscreen, I got burned.  Now I'm kicking myself for not keeping to the shade more! 

There's plenty to see here, so I'm sure it will be a busy, packed-full kind of week. 

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Hey roomie!

I know... I'm a slacker! I'm just getting caught up on the reading here! I've thought about you numerous times, but mostly when I'm at home and didn't have the link to your page at my fingertips.

So, now that your trip is almost done... :) We miss you! I hope you'll at least stop back by Tulsa at some point to say "hi."

I'm glad you're having fun! Enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe trip journey back home!

Krista

Btw - Nutella is the BOMB!!! I fell in love with it when I was in Germany several years back!

  Krista Feb 23, 2008 4:32 AM

2

Hi Monica!
I spent some time today catching up on your trip. I envy you! That was weird to meet an elementary school friend on a boat in New Zealand! The sandals seemed a coincidence - but Monica/Jonica AND the sandals - that's obviously fate!!
We're all well here, and are feeding up to five deer that keep eating the birdseed on our patio. It's snowing today -- 6-12 inch prediction. Some of us have to live here in the northern hemisphere in February where it is cold and wet! Again, I envy you!
Safe travels - and God bless you.
Uncle Ralph

  Uncle Ralph Feb 23, 2008 7:10 AM

3

Yey! I would love to go to Australia... Ryan and I pixed Alaska over Australia for our honeymoon (staying with "a" lettered places), but I hope some day we made it. sorry the sun got you!
Safe travels and I look forward to seeing you when you come back:)

  Ale Feb 27, 2008 12:52 PM

4

So awesome! Seems like you've been gone for such a short/long time! I don't know, I don't keep track of time anymore. It goes too fast for me nowadays.

Hope to see you soon, burnie!

  Adrienne Feb 28, 2008 4:26 PM

About monica_gill


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.