Existing Member?

New Zealand A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~Lao Tzu

On to Australia!

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 18 February 2008 | Views [502] | Comments [3]

Wow, it's my last night in New Zealand.  I can hardly believe that this trip is nearly over.  I don't have long to write, but I'll try to post some pictures when I get a chance (if not in Sydney, when I return to the states!)

It has been a wonderful trip with lots of quirky coincidences.  A couple of days ago, in the Bay of Islands, I went on a ship cruise and one of the crew was a girl I went to elementary school with (Heather Kelleher).  Then last night I found myself sharing a dorm room with another American--her name was Jonika (rhymes with Monica) and we had exactly the same sandals. 


Just some of the small amusements of late, but I'm getting cut off notw!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Amazing how people-connections happen in far off places sometimes! Pretty fun.

Have a lovely stay in Australia. See you soon :-).

Love,
Mom

  Mom Feb 19, 2008 9:30 AM

2

Wow! You have met and done such awesome things! You are right it definetly sounds like a "wonderful trip with lots of quirky coincidences;" but the wonderfulness (and, yes, the quirkyness) are because of you. You shine of with goodness!

  Ale Feb 19, 2008 10:49 AM

3

It's all about the sandals! LOL

  Cristin Feb 21, 2008 4:00 AM

About monica_gill


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.