Existing Member?

New Zealand A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~Lao Tzu

Christchurch

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 31 January 2008 | Views [527] | Comments [1]

Wow, I only have one more month of travel--only three weeks of it in New Zealand!  The whole trip has been wonderful, but I am starting to really look forward to the options for when I get back to the US.  All of the traveling here has reminded me how much of my country I haven't seen yet, too!

I had a great road trip with Anna and Brianna.  We went down the west coast, saw the Pancake Rocks and the glaciers, and went through Fiordland all the way to Milford Sound.  We drove through Queenstown twice, though we didn't spend much time there--only enough to do the luge and have some fish and chips!  That is an amazingly beautiful city.  It is set on the water, and all around the lake, these mountains shoot out of nowhere.  Fiordland was like that as well.  The starkness of them is astounding.  We camped and stayed with friends of Brianna and Anna, which was fun.  I have met so many people on this trip, it's pretty exciting to look back on. 

Now I'm in Christchurch and I have just been chilling for the past two days.  When I first arrived at my hostel, I ran into this girl I had met in Karamea.  She told me that she was going to Lyttleton for the day with a friend, so I tagged along.  There wasn't much to Lyttleton except for a nice view and huge ice cream cones, but I enjoyed it! 

I think I will WWOOF one more place, near Auckland, for a short time before I leave.  That leaves me just two weeks to get up there and sight-see as I go.  Right now I have no plans, but I guess I better get going on that!

Tags: Relaxation

 

Comments

1

Hi! I am so glad your trip is still rocking, but I am also glad you are coming back to sunny CA soon (although its been more sun than rain!). I just got your postcard today, which was so exciting. Thank you!

  Ale Feb 5, 2008 11:18 AM

About monica_gill


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.