Existing Member?

Footprints and Sailing

Perth trip

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 17 August 2011 | Views [320]

Well - Perth is the cleanest city I have ever been in - and the surrounding area.......so clean - probably because you don't see anybody out on the streets - day or night!!

The wine tasting was brilliant - of course a few purchases were made - packed and ready to take to Sydney to share with Peter and Judy!

We took in a lighthouse tour - I never knew the light went round on a bed of mercury that left the lighthouse keepers going mad......must've been some sights looking out over the Indian Ocean and Southern Ocean on a stormy night..........

The cave was an interesting insight into stalactites and stalagmites - my only knowledge beforehand was tights come down and mites grow up - but now I have been enlightened....

Margaret River pubs are fine - The Settlers pub band was way too young and noisy - the young lad had a good enough voice but we couldnae hear the words - boom boom boom!! must be getting old methinks!!!

Fremantle is a beautiful place - full of yachts and boats and chip shops - yum....Snapper supper for two was the order of the day.........tasted very like cod - would have that again....

Rob and Sheelagh have some noisy neighbours who think it is acceptable to rev up their motorbike at 11.30pm when the rest of us are trying to sleep - glasgow kiss required for them......if only.....haha.....

So it is off to sunny Sydney today - all bags packed - have treated myself to a new fangled holdhall on wheels.......ready to be filled to the 30kgs required for the journey to Dubai on the 31st August...but before that - a trip to Tazmania on Saturday with Pete and Jude - awesome........

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.