Existing Member?

Footprints and Sailing

Perth Australia

THAILAND | Friday, 12 August 2011 | Views [407] | Comments [1]

What a lovely clean city - have only seen one piece of rubbish so far littering the streets...........my hosts Rob and Sheelagh live in a quaint wee house in Penguin Road, Rockingham.......and they have been great tour guides - we went up a hill to see a view of the city- the parkland is gorgeous......however Sheelagh tells me it is not as green as this in summer. The temperature is around 20 degrees - not what my sunny bones are used to - but very pleasant all the same!

We went on a boat trip down the swan river to Fremantle which was brilliant - lots of yacht marinas on the way - and on the way back - we were graced with the presence of a whole heap of dolphins following the boat. How nice was that!!

Rob and Sheelagh had another treat in store for me - a dinner at the C Restaurant on the 33rd floor - and it revolved......my head was proper spinning.......and the views at night - awesome!!

Today we are getting ready for our road trip to the Margaret River area = wine, wine, wine tasting.......no comments please......The cats Neeps and Tatties have been punted to the cattery - they are so funny - into everything!!

So my next instalment will be after a few days of wine tasting - sorry liver......in advance.

Joycee

Comments

1

Hello there, Joycee!
Your photos and blog are brilliant! What a summer of adventure you are having.
Old goats do it best?!
XxXxXxx

  Suzy Blue Aug 16, 2011 6:30 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.