Existing Member?

Footprints and Sailing

DAY 14 - 19

THAILAND | Saturday, 30 July 2011 | Views [407]

Day 14 – continued…………..

After the downpour, we got on our glad rags……..and set off for a birthday tea at the six senses resort………..heaven and earth!! We sipped at cocktails before an interesting meal accompanied by special water………..very special ! it cost an arm and a leg (only joking)! We dinghyed back to the boat and spent a good night on anchor – calm conditions prevailed.

Day 15 – Friday 15th July

We set off for another anchorage on Koh Yao Noi – had a very nice lunch at a seafood restaurant before the heavens opened – we stayed there for cover then went for a walk around the island-looking for shops!!! We walked ages then a man stopped and gave us a lift – he even waited for us – two hours later and bags filled with goodies…………

Joyce lost another pair of glasses!!in the sea –alas she is on her scratched old pair!!

We settled down for the night and were fairly comfortable until the noisiest party boat decided to park itself close by…………K and J woken up by the din………….Y slept through the lot!!

Day 16 – Saturday 16th July

Two amigos totally wacked------------were greeted with a bright eyed person eager to set sail……….this we did – and the weather allowed us to go the direct route to Phi Phi Islands…………did get the sails up for a bit but dodging fishing pots and sailing don’t really mix on our hols – so we motored in to a beautiful bay – full of boats. Found a mooring and tied up – into Ban Ton Soi loaded with laundry and rubbish bags for a nice meal and bimble.

Day 17 – Sunday 17th July

Yet another sleepless night as the mooring buoy kept tapping the side of the boat…..this is getting a habit! Also the manual bilge pump was broken so the water we had collected en route was swilling about..unperturbed….we took the boat round part of the island and spent a lazy Sunday afternoon snorkeling, swimming and reading. Y took the dinghy for a jaunt to a nearby resort to find the place deserted – low season here! We also filled the tanks with much needed water….on return, moved to another mooring.

Day 18 – Monday 18th July

Took a long tail boat to Phi Phi Lae – fantastic snorkeling – a pity there were so many tourists at the AO Mayo beach – where the ‘Beach’ was filmed…………otherwise a fantastic day out – and many fish spotting done…we went into town for a meal – this turned out to be a great adventure! First we were ‘landed’ by a fisherman who thought his luck was in – visions of  a shark at the end of his hook! Alas it was only us – after being cut loose we got into the beach…………put the dinghy on to its anchor (just in case) and went off for a meal at a seafood place. All went well until we came back to the dinghy – trying to get into it when the tide is in is nigh impossible! So much so that a powerful speedboat came to our rescue and towed us back to the yacht! Enough adventure for one day we thought – and off to bed for all after a good few gins! The excitement wasn’t over yet though – as the mooring we were on decided to move itself!! So once more –  sleep?- well very little!!

Day 19 – Tuesday 19th July

We said our farewells to Kirsty today – as she left us to go to Dubai then on to England – am sure she’ll miss the sleepless nights!!

J and Y moved the boat onto the anchor and all seemed secure until night time when the wind got up and swirled us around like a cork! We moved the boat as we were concerned for a wee fishing boat nearby!

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.