Existing Member?

Footprints and Sailing

Day 2 -Bangkok

THAILAND | Sunday, 3 July 2011 | Views [231] | Comments [1]

We explored the river boats - taxis really - jump on and off at your peril! We went to see the Grand Palace - a huge place - which we were whisked round by a guide - who gave us awesome shirts to wear since we had not covered up! She turned out to be a fortune teller - Y and K are family people, J is very nice and is fun - she was a cheery little woman who knew her stuff but we couldn't make out a word she said at times. After that we bartered for some Buddhas - how Y is going to get her job lot in her case will be a revelation - 'why are you taking all these Buddhas on board this planet, Madam?" Watch out Dundee for dodgy Buddhas..... We hopped on the boat again which took us to the Wat Pho - the reclining Buddha placey.....well - we have never seen so many Buddhas - apart from in Y's case..haha..it was simply amazing - all the intricate stone work and gold....the reclining Buddha was just awesome and she had lovely toes too. Just as we were about to leave, the heavens opened so we duly bought plastic macs - got a tuk tuk back to the boat and spent a rather wet boat trip back to our starting place....'Beer o'clock was the cry from the explorers - and as we were about to order the bar maid said. "Sorry there is no alcohol tonight - there is an election tomorrow!!" So we slunk off to a restaurant to have a meal instead.............lo and behold - in the menu was - we are only serving whisky, gin and vodka tonight as there is an election tomorrow" Happy Dayz - gin and tonics all round..............then we collected our tickets for tomorrow's adventure to the River Kwai and tigers...we also got our tickets for the overnight bus up to Chiang Mai. It is called the VIP bus but looks more like a hippy colony bus........we shall not pass judgement yet.............onwards to day 3...

Comments

1

fantastic!

  joyce Jul 3, 2011 2:45 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.