Existing Member?

No matter where I am, there I am. "It is the fool who fears what he has yet to experience and understand"

She really exists and resides in the centre of Paris.

FRANCE | Tuesday, 1 April 2014 | Views [386]

 

 
She was the most captivating thing I have seen in all my life, I could sit and watch her all night as she sparkled under the stars and the moonlight, I could watch her all day just standing right there without moving an inch, I could watch her watch me smiling and laughing, happiness would then leak out of me.she truly was the brightest and most beautiful off all. No she is  no mere beauty, she..is one of a kind. She is the Eiffel Tower!
 
10th of March 2014. I could not sleep at all, I was not able to sleep, it would have been a great sin to sleep, for I was to embark on one of my greatest journeys of all time. It was a journey that began in a small town of Umbria, Italy, that goes by the name of Perugia and would end in the other side of the world, in Australia.
 
The sleepless night was a good idea, for I was to depart early in the morning from Umbria To Roma. Alberto and I left Collegio Ruggero Rossi at 4am and walked to the train station, fontevege. There was no light nor was it dark, there was no sound nor was it quiet, it was a simple and nomadic morning journey to the station, one or two cars passed by every 5 minutes, we could hear the sound of the quiet wind, the leaves falling and the birds chirping and singing. Truly a sight of man and the universe reconnecting at its best.
 
We caught the train to Roma at 5:54am and arrived at Termini station at 8;45am. From there on we made our way into the great city of Roma. Roaming around Roma is like walking back through time, for the city has not seen new buildings in over a century. "It is a city frozen in time". 
 
We were taking a stroll through the Villa Borghese gardens when Alberto received the call from a friend. The reason we were in Roma was because Alberto's school friends were on a trip there and gave us permission to roam the city with them, learning more of Roma from the great Father Sullivan, their tour guide/professor, a very interesting man he was, very passionate about not only Roma but the history too.
 
We joined with them right after the Villa Borghese gardens and made our way to the gates of ancient Roma together. We stood in front of the gates admiring the design of the gates, I believe the front was designed by Michelangelo and the back by Lorenzo Bernini or vise verser. Once you enter the gates to ancient Roma and stand just centrally and face the waterfall, you can see three direction the paths lead to. If you take the right, it leads you to the Vatican, if you take the centre, it leads you to the Coliseum and if you take the left you end up at the Spanish stairs, a very romantic place it is. If we go from right to left I believe it is, modern Roma, medieval Roma and ancient Roma, or the other way around. We did not have time to go to all of them, so we just took the left path to ancient Roma and headed to the Spanish stairs. Just next to the stairs there is an amazing little tea house, Babingtons. Ernest Hemingway used to go there often and obviously had some tea and probably wrote some of his amazing novels. We entered and also had the tea, I sat exactly where he sat and had the exact same tea, I hope. It was 10 euros for a tea but very worth it.
 
We roamed together for a little while after that and separted, for I made my way to Roma fumicino airport with Alberto and they went back to their hotel. Alberto and I stayed at the airport from 10pm to 4am, yet another sleepless night. Although we encountered a very unusual old woman, very fascinating she was. She was around her 60's or 70's, yet very energetic, interactive and playful she was, and how can I forget kind, sweet, smart---she truly was amazing, I literally have no words to describe her. The whole night she was feeding us cockies, chips and biscuits, I don't think she had cloths in her bag, just sweets. She was the stereotypical grandmother that every boy wishes he has and she also kinda lives life the nomad way, which is pretty cool, I wonder if I would ever bump into her again. I sure would love to.
 
We left the airport at 7:10am and our next destination was non other than my beautiful Paris. We arrived in Paris 9;30am, almost dead, two sleepless nights. We took the metro from the airport and got off at chatelet, immidietly after leaving the metro, we somehow bumped into the museum of louvre, where one of the greatest painting ever painted is at, the Mona Lisa. We left immidietly though, because  we had to get to our hotel and rest for a while, before we pass out on the streets of Paris.
 
12th of march 2014, 2pm, just showered, Alberto is exhausted , lying on the bed, sleeping his ass off. I also I dozed off for a while. We woke up at around 4;30pm and made our way to the Seine river, we did nothing but follow the river, pass my beautiful, Eiffel Tower and a good 3 and half hours later we reached parc de princes, the stadium of PSG. We had tickets to watch the champions league game, PSG vs Bayern Leverkusen, I know  I am the luckiest man in the world. I watched the game without sitting on my ass properly, for I could not believe my eyes l, I could not sit still, Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva ,Lavezzi and Cavani were infront of my eyes. 
 
After the game it was another 4 hours walk back home, again just follow the river, it took longer to get back due the beauty of Paris at night. I could not walk without looking left and right, without admiring or gazing. Paris truly sparkled and shines at night. "Tour De Eiffel" at 12:49 am was sparkling and calling onto me, I could hear her from afar, but  I think I may have gotten too close, because the moment I stood in front of her for the very first time, the lights disappeared and she spoke to me, she said, "Miteku it's 1am and you need to go home, it is never safe to stay out this long" and I said "okay, see you tomorrow" and headed bak to the hotel.
 
The next morning I did nothing but follow the river for one and half hour to her and stayed there, together with her for the rest of the  day. I am ashamed to say I did not see a lot in Paris. I got to her at 1;40pm and just wondered around her until 6;49pm. I had lunch there, took pictures, ice cream and made love to her from the garden/waterfall just in front of her. 
 
"Tour De Eiffel truly exists and she resides in the centre of Paris"
 
I am now sitting here in my hotel room at 2;34am in Paris , 14th of March 2014 and writing nonsees about Paris, but truly I mean everything I say. Parisu!!!The city just gives me a different feeling, an indescribable feeling, I don't know what I feel, but it feels so good.
 
Two days in Paris id like 20 years on earth, truly magnificent. Tommor I make my way back to Perugia, pack my staff and head to Austrlia on the 15th of March 2014. I cannot wait, hopeful all goes well. 
 
The most amazing journey of my life, truly a dream within a dream. From Roma to Paris is too good to be true. Ernest Hemingway once said "if you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as young men, then wherever you for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast". It truly is Ernest, Paris truly is a moveable feast.
 
 
 
 

Tags: eiffel tower museum of louvre ernest hemingway ba

 
 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.