Existing Member?

No matter where I am, there I am. "It is the fool who fears what he has yet to experience and understand"

Heaven on Earth!!!

NETHERLANDS | Tuesday, 4 February 2014 | Views [594]

Yes I know that when you think "Amsterdam" only two things come to mind, then the next thought would be "well did you"?? The answer is "what kind of a man, a young handsome one at that would go to Amsterdam and not do the two things  you have in mind right now"'. From the moment I arrived in Schipol (AMS airport) I felt this amazing sensation that this would be a hell of a trip. Let me tell you a quicky before I go on about Heaven on Earth. So I am waiting for a friend just outside the big gate of Schipol and mortified to say, I was standing on the spot "the not non-smoking" spot and everyone has a joint and I am thinking to myself "wow, so it really is true what they say". I mean until you have seen the myth/ legend with your own eyes it'll always remain a myth/legend. So am standing there fascinated and amazed, still could not believe my eyes and my nose, but then a massive security walks out, very terrifying, he stood in front of the guy to my left just making sure his presence was felt and at that moment I thought to myself "oh so there are consequences". The security just stood there for a good 5 second staring at the guy and he reaches to his pocket pulling out his walletish look alike thing and out of that he  pulls out a joint and asks the guy  for a lighter!! My head literally exploded, my heart just stopped for a moment, I wasn't sure back then  but I think I  felt "love" not for a particular someone but just love for that moment/for my life/ for my way of life.

 
I stayed at a mate's place in Heemskerk, amazing little secluded town, about 45minutes away from Amsterdam by a train. It wasn't the best time to be there really, It was cold and raining, I think summer in Amsterdam would have been better but regardless I was there and had to to what nedded to be done. 
 
I am the kind of guy who loves train rides, when I do not know where I am going, sometimes I wish I could hop on a train that has no stops nor destination, a train that just goes...so yes the train ride to the city was amazing and even though it was wet and cold I managed to check out the places I nedded to see. My first priority ofcourse was the coffee shop and it was not disappointing, especially in the cold, when hunger strikes the most is when it really works the best. My next priority was "the red light district". Maybe it is the age or just a phase but seeing half naked women gives me tickles and butterflies or whatever you want to call it. And so for some unknown reason I circled that place for over 2 hours making sure I see every place and every girl, a preparation for the game which will be held in 3 days time.
 
So three days pass and I was ready for whatever Red Light had to throw at me and luckily it threw me an amazing 40 year old Dutch and one captivating young Romanian, did I mention all this was within a 20 minutes gap in between. Yes I know I am great!! Doing what I want, when I want, with whom I want. I have also been the psychologist type of guy and so helped a friend lose his V. Again yes I am Amazing!!
 
But really Amsterdam I think is more than just a place where you go to smoke and check out red light. I think it has more meaning than that, for me Amsterdam represent freedom and joy and all that, I mean "life is good" in Amsterdam, I am not only speaking on behalf of the tourists  but the residents aswel.
 
I want to describe all the places that I saw, and tell you how amazing it was and let you know of what I felt and how I felt but I don't think I can do it, It is impossible for me to draw you a picture in your head of what it was like but just believe me when i say it was an incredible journey, which you must also take someday, not for the nonsense I wrote about earlier on top but to just truly discover yourself, and I hope the pictures can tell you more of Amsterdam than I have!!!
 
 
 

Tags: amsterdam coffee shop red light district beach tr

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.