Existing Member?

Miss V Goes North

C'est l'Halloween!

CANADA | Monday, 10 November 2008 | Views [244] | Comments [4]

Hi everyone,

I received a lovely letter from Esther telling me about her Halloween celebrations at school, so I thought you might like to hear how we celebrated here in Nelson House. 

The children here become very excited about Halloween.  They wore their costumes for the whole day on Friday.  They were all great and interestingly, all store-bought.  They seemed really surpirsed that some of the teachers made their own costume.  I went as Alvin from Alvin in the Chipmunks.  I wore a red tshirt with a large yellow A safety clipped to the front.  One of my students thought I was dressed up as the letter A.  :)

One of the grade 6 classes turned their classroom into a haunted house.  Each student had to pay $2 to attend because the class is fundraising for an end-of-year trip.  My class visited first thing in the morning.  It was a great haunted house - very scary (I screamed twice)!  It was very dark and they were playing spooky music.  People dressed in scary costumes sat on chairs and stuck their arms out as we passed by.  Afterward, each student received a little lootbag with candy and glow-in-the-dark vampire teeth.  In the afternoon, we celebrated by watching a movie and eating all the treats everyone had brought in to share.  There was waaay too much food, but we somehow managed to eat it all.

Only two of my students came to my house that night for trick-or-treating.  Most children stay in their own area but sometimes parents will drive their kids to a few different areas on the reserve.  Many students also went to Thompson for the weekend.  In total, 204 children came trick-or-treating at the teacherages. 

I hope you all had a fun, safe Halloween!

Comments

1

Dear Miss Varden,
I really miss you alot. I wanted to tell you that Mrs.Albuquerque is very nice, but everyday when I go to school i think of you. One question I have is can you tell me what your phone number is because I want to talk to in person saying hello.
Love you alot Amalia Toner
p.s will you come back next year.

  Amalia Toner Dec 17, 2008 12:27 PM

2

Hi Amalia!

How nice to hear from you! I miss you too. I'm not going to give you my phone number because this is a public site, but I will try to visit the school during the xmas holiday and hopefully I will see you there!

At this point I am scheduled to return next year. I'll let you know if that changes.

Say hi to your family and all of your classmates for me, and enjoy the rest of your holiday!

  Miss V. Dec 28, 2008 12:56 AM

3

Hello please email me ms Varden. How Are You doing.

  Austin Mc Doodle Apr 23, 2009 4:42 AM

4

dear miss.Varden
I don't bieleve that it's summer and i'm allmost in grade 5.I miss you alot.I hope I see you next year.
from,kasia
p.s 17 days till summer holiday to be exact

  kasia borkowski Jun 9, 2009 9:33 AM

About missv


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.