Existing Member?

Melissa's Travels

Travel Loves

FRANCE | Friday, 1 May 2009 | Views [394]

To clear up any confusion at the beginning, this blog is about things I love about traveling, not people I have loved while traveling. Because that is an entire other subject in itself. And really, what is "love" when you are traveling? Because I really am sure I was in love with that incredibly attractive waiter in Barcelona at the Italian cafe who spoke Spanish with the perfect hint of Italian lust in his voice...but is it really possible to fall in love in less than 20 minutes over a cappuccino and panini? Anyways, like I said this blog is about what makes travel attractive, not what makes Italian men speaking Spanish attractive. 


THINGS I LOVE ABOUT TRAVELING::

*Mini adventures that lurk around every corner

*New found friends spilling out their life stories

*The cafe culture of Europe

*Lots of time to write (at least in theory)

*The minimal need to know time (which is probably why I am perpetually late)

*A vacation from English. The freedom to tune out

*The inevitable need to challenge myself to be flexible

*The constant buzz of plazas in Europe

*The joy of living out of a suitcase. Seriously! It is refreshing to live like a hermit crab at times

*Permission to wear dirty clothes

*Running (which doesn't happen too frequently, but is always a good way to see a city)

*Staying up til dawn. Especially when it involves dancing.

*People watching, which a socially acceptable practice on the road.

*Continually discovering how small the world really is and how many more places I want to say.

*And because I already broached the topic and because I have officially been reading too much of "Eat, Pray, Love," I must mention that a delightful part of travel is the amazingly handsome and charming men that you meet while traveling. Who always remind me how lucky it is that I am merely passing through.

What do YOU love about travel?

About missmelissa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.