Existing Member?

Me, myself and I

Back in time -- First Day Off

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 3 January 2012 | Views [351]

There are many things people who don't like me very much can say against me. I'm cheeky, sometimes to the point of being rude. I'm messy and, even though I don't have the excuse of being a child anymore, I absolutely hate cleaning my room. One thing I am not, however, is lazy. Between July and December, all I did was work. I accepted the lost of my days off every time my boss asked and sometimes even offered to work myself so he wouldn't have to.

For 6 months, I got more and more tired, but was absolutely fine with it because I kept telling myself that I would travel in January and that it would make up for everything.

On the 3rd of January, I came down from the room where I live, just upstairs from the kitchen where I work.

I wasn't wearing my chef's uniform. I had make-up on, which I never do when I work, and all I wanted was to get a cup of coffee before going back upstairs to finish packing.

I was a little bit nervous and I did feel rather guilty at leaving my boss alone to take care of the kitchen for two months, even though he had assured me countless times that it suited him just fine.

After stopping in the steps for a couple of minutes to say hello to the pub's dog, I walked into the kitchen. And then, my boss said something that made everything fine and made me realise fully that, starting from that morning, I had two whole months off to look forward to: “Hello civilian!”

About mimoso_666


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.