Existing Member?

Milou's aventures

no USA but NZ !!!

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 15 April 2007 | Views [1459] | Comments [17]

Hello everybody!!

Sorry for the delay...well for the one who does not know, i could not get to USA. It was a mess total.I arrived at the airport , ready to check in and the lady told me that my passport was not valid for the USA!! I was very upset. And of course I checked it before my trip and i understood that it was ok but I need a tourist visa.And apparently it depnds of the month of the issue, well anyway i contaced the Fench consultadt in Edinbughr to see if I could get a urgent temporary passport and it was not possible. So the steward from air New Zealand told me i could get a seat for the plan for Auckland the same day at 21h05. I had to run to london victoria station, get re issued my ticket and finally i managed to get in the plane. So i arrived in auckland on Wenesday 11 april at 9 am after 24 hours flight, stopping in Hong Kong 2 hours.

Anyway just to tell you that I am safe and in New Zealand. I spent 2 days in auckland, quiet nice city.Then on friday I wen to Paihia in the north , north of the north Island untill today.

There I met this amazing american woman in a boat trip.she was in Paihia for the week end. She lives for a while in Auckland for her compagny. she was goimg back to auckland today and she offers me to give me a free lift. It was very cool and we went to do some sandbording and to see the oldest tree in the rainforest on our way down. I will talk more about her next time.Her name is Brigitte.

Next time i will put some photos.And tomorrow I am doing a tour for the next 10 days. Here it is very commun for backpaker to do some bus tour.It is the cheaper way to travel and to meet people.

So I start to Auckland , Hahei, Hot Water Beach, Raglan, Waitomo Caves, Rotorua, Taupo lake, National Park and finishing in Wellington.

I will give you more details next time.

I hope you are all fine and that you dont forget me!!!

Please give the link of the poeple that I forget!! :)

Lot of love!!!!

Milou

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hey Emily

Nice to receive news from your part. What program's change for you!! The first day , you ve already changed all your plan!! Good opportunity!! Isn't it??
We re expecting some pics from NZ!! Keep us informated of your adventures in NZ.
Let me give you my adress blog too. THis http://rickchaw.uniterre.com. I ven't started yet my trip , but you could discover the itinirary.
I look forward hearing news from you soon.

  Pierrick Fossey Apr 16, 2007 1:05 AM

2

Hi Emilie!

too bad for the US :( You didn't get a chance to see San Francisco :( At least you made it to NZ :D It seems to be an amazing place, can't wait to see your photos!

Enjoy!

  Greg Apr 16, 2007 1:49 AM

3

hi milou c'est agathe et mum on vient de lire tes aventures sur ton blog... c'est vraiment cool d'avoir de tes news. c'est bien toi qui fait de la plongée?? je viens de rentrer du cap ou il pleut et ici a lille il fait 28 degres........ et toi?? ça va?? je crois que tu visites la nele zélande activement. on t'embrasse bien fort bonnes visites a bientôt

  agathe Apr 16, 2007 3:02 AM

4

hi Emy!

well this is complete adventure incredible ! I like when things are not always what we expected but I am sure you will have the occasion on your way back to visit the US.
keep the good work , this is such an enjoyment reading your story!!
CAMILLE GIMENEZ

  Camille gimenez Apr 16, 2007 3:56 AM

5

Hi Emilka,
woooow! I didn't even know u are planning 2 visit USA!!! Full of surprises as always:-) Well great for u. Enjoy n take the most of it. Will give u updates about myself soon.
Saska

  Saska Apr 16, 2007 6:09 AM

6

Hola guapa!

Vaya aventura! Estos americanos son las ostia. En fin, por lo menos no te ha salido tan mal, ya estas en NZ. Que envidia me das. Yo aqui aburrida con mis assignments. Y con ganas de ver a mi churri, que ahora esta en Bolivia. Haber esas fotos que has prometido. Un besazo y a disfrutar a tope! Cuidate

  Pilar Apr 16, 2007 8:23 AM

7

hey! what a crazy story so far! i'm happy that you are having a great time in new zealand. i can't wait til you come to australia! you can come anytime to my house, and stay for as long as you like ok. i hope you have a good time on the tour it sounds like you will see some amazing things. see you soon guap!!! love hannah

  Hannah Apr 16, 2007 8:58 AM

8

Pero Emilieeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Soy un desastre!!ya decia yo que no te veia conectada pro aqui!!pero no te ibas a finales de abril???mira, yo no me entero de nada!!estoy a tope con todo!
bueno a ver que ha pasado!!!mira q estos norteamericanos!!pfff,pffff...en fin, sabes que tengo un amigo q se va alli??je,je,je,je..ya te contaré!!

Bueno cielo. que te mando un beso enorme , con retraso!!espero q me perdones el no haberte despedido. Espero tus noticias y cuidate mucho.

Disfruta loca!!!!

Besos

  Vanessa Apr 16, 2007 5:07 PM

9

Hey Milou,

génial ce petit blog !!
cela va être bien sympa pour avoir de tes nouvelles !!
je vois que tvb pour toi !! c'est génial !!
meme si me laisse à penser que la nouvelle zélande n'est pas tout à fait comme les états unis ... !!

mais don't worry be happy !!
je parie que les states t'attendent pour septembre octobre 2008 !!
Continue à bien profiter et t'éclater !!

n'hésites pas à nous joindre les photos !!

Tcha tchao

El Titi de Madrid

  Titi Apr 16, 2007 9:40 PM

10

cool pour ton voyage ms par contre tu dois etre trop decu pour les states tu vas pouvoir y aller plus tard ou c carrement mort ??
je pars samedi a singapour je te redonne vite des news alors envoie des photos toi ok !!
bizouuuuuuuuuuuus

  nathy Apr 17, 2007 4:09 AM

11

emiiii!! whoppa! what a surprise! I had no clue! sounds cool, keep the spirit up! neeeeeeeeeeew zeeeeeealand
coooooooooooooooooooool

will write more soon, just spent the last weekend in madrid, and had to think of you a lot...that city is unbelievably cool! why did you ever leave it???
kisses anna

  anna Apr 17, 2007 8:46 AM

12

Hello Em...
"Dont worry the Passport will be ok..." Always full of surprise Em!!!!
Ok is good to start with some exciting news..I hope you are enjoying so far and that you will have great time.
Here I cant wait to fly away!!9days to GO!!
Keep in touch soon..

Take care

Damiano

  Damiano Apr 17, 2007 4:33 PM

13

Hiyah!! I am sorry to hear that you couldn't get to the USA. I know you were really excited about going. Oh well maybe on the way back! Looks like your'e having fun. missing you lots. Same old usual thing happening here. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Please send a photo of the office key!!!!
Love Mairi xxxxxxx

  Mairi Russell Apr 17, 2007 6:28 PM

14

sacrablue(mis-spelt i know),stupid americans(i like america if the C.I.A are reading this and if there not) for not wanting you in their country, anyway you should ask for the statue of liberty back.Things are going well here in irelandais. i'm working with my dad and am in the middle of applying to get onto some courses here.there a genral election here soon and my dads a member of the opposition party at grass roots level so this morning we were invited to a large breakfast gathering with the leader of the party and the future prime minister of ireland( not bad i think thats what you call climbing the social ladder. i hope you stay safe in your travels and i'll write soon . are you going back to edinbourg anytime soon?????

  James kennedy Apr 17, 2007 10:04 PM

15

You've always been such an adventurer, Emi! Glad to hear you managed to sort this problem out - well NZ is a pretty decent destination too :))

Don't forget that life's too short so you should make the most of it! But apparently you understood what "seize the day" means. If only I could follow you in your craziness, I'd be in seventh heaven ;)

Every now and then I'll check your blog to see how things are going on your end of the world!

Take care Emi, XxX

  Fred Apr 19, 2007 6:02 PM

16

Hey Em, glad to hear you arrived safely, even if it was in the wrong country??!! What a drama!

Everything tops here in Edinburgh, Dave and I just got back from a week down south in Cornwall... beautiful white sandy beaches and crystal clear (freezing) water, was great to be near the coast again. We ate loads of Cornish pasties, went for lots of walks in the countryside, long drives, explored, drank alot (of course) in quaint English pubs, etc etc.
Got back Tuesday night - Dave's dad is still here, staying in the box room.. driving me freaking crazy, ha.

Oops, this is getting a bit long for a small message! Will email you soon, have fun and enjoy your adventures!

xx Tam xx

  Tam Apr 20, 2007 2:53 AM

17

Hello Milou l'aventurière!!

Ca fait plaisir d'avoir des news en direct live de New Zealand. Quelle aventure ! Le pays a l'air formidable (photos sympas!).
Les States, ce sera pour la prochaine fois...
Eclates toi ! Mets nous en ligne des photos aussi cool que le saut en parachute!

Bisous

Ludo

  Ludo Apr 24, 2007 6:02 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.