Existing Member?

Sinead and Joey's Adventures This is the Adventure journal of Sinead and Joey, its purpose is to keep family and friends informed on our status in the world. We will be adding details and pictures when we get the chance, so feel free to check back and see where we are this week!

Back at the Ranch

USA | Sunday, 23 September 2007 | Views [462]

September 14, 15, 16 (Back at the Ranch)

Frabada noche! Everyone got to sleep in after our exhausting trip. We had our next baking day. Joey was on the fire again. It was a lot easier making the bread with all of the groups gone. Josh arrived today. He showed up on the back porch claiming he had walked from 20 km away. Should have realized something was up with him then.

            Sabado noche! It was Costa Rican independence day and there was a lot of yelling all day at the Cantina. Nothing much else to report.

            Sunday we headed to the waterfall that is just a hike down from the ranch. It wasn’t the nicest day but the waterfall was beautiful. It has carved a pretty deep hole into the ground so you can jump pretty high and still not even touch the bottom. We saw our first Jesus lizard actually running on water. It was pretty cool.  We returned to the ranch to see that Matt returned with three girls that he met earlier on his trip. We then had another movie day where we watched the first Indiana Jones again to find out that it is not as good as it was when we were little. A couple that we had been hearing about our whole trip finally arrived. We had been dreading there arrival, and they were just as overwhelming as we had been told. Luckily they are only here for a day.

Tags: Relaxation

About millmanapalm


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.