Existing Member?

Sinead and Joey's Adventures This is the Adventure journal of Sinead and Joey, its purpose is to keep family and friends informed on our status in the world. We will be adding details and pictures when we get the chance, so feel free to check back and see where we are this week!

October 3-6

COSTA RICA | Saturday, 13 October 2007 | Views [503]

Wednesday

Today was really busy. We cooked breakfast and lunch and then booked it over to our Spanish Lesson. We´ve decided to take a break from the lessons for alittle while so we can get down what we have learned so far. Rae( another volunteer) arrived tonight.

Thursday

We continued sanding our shelves. They are starting to look really good. We have so few people here, we are all starting to get a little bit of cabin fever. Joey went on a night hike with Junior and some other volunteers and they saw crazy spiders that only come out at night.

Friday

Another day in the kitchen. Me and Joey were on breakfast and lunch. It´s hard to split up so many shifts with so few people. We all spend a fair amount of time in the kitchen(some people more than others).We also cleaned alot of the houses on the Ranch beecause the last group of the season arrives on Saturday. We are very excited for new blood. At night after a tiring day of cooking and cleaning we all played a round of Kings Cup. We had a couple of really good rules going that you can only play with bottles. It´s nice here because everything is in glass becasue it can be recycled. No plastic or cans. After we took a long overdue trip to the Cantina. Frabado Noche!

Tags: Adventures

About millmanapalm


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.