Existing Member?

G on the go

Two weeks free spent doing lab work, studying, and looking for a job :(

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 25 September 2007 | Views [388]

Just an update on my progress at uni. The past week (and a half) I've been free from uni, but sadly enough there was no time (or money) for travelling or crazy things like that. Uni exams are coming up in five weeks, so I have been studying for those, trying to finish my assignments I need to hand in after the break, and I have finally started on my dissection project. Thursday last week was my first day in the lab, scared shitless, but with a scalpel in my hand nonetheless.

Walking into the lab, the right wall had about twenty wooden caskets lined up against it, and the tables were nearly all covered with blue body bags. Lucky me, one of those blue bags was mine! Unzipping it, I discovered that instead of having only the part that I needed of the body, the technicians were missing one of their tools (a bandsaw), which meant that they could not cut the bodies up in pieces. So, I had a little old lady lying on my table. Interesting..

Cutting is amazing though. I was pretty apprehensive at first, but I enjoy my days in the lab. Music on, and just cutting away, trying to figure out how, what, why. The body is just so complicated, and everything has a function. It just blows me away! What I do not like, or appreciate, are the intestines. I spent a whole day removing them, and trust me, they were my least favorite part! I don't have that much more to do, now the hard part is starting, freeing up the little structures I want to show. Next time I have a brilliant idea again, I will hit myself against the head, and go for the easier option!!

For the rest, I've just been swimming, go for drinks with friends, been out dancing, got a cd from the MC :D, and am just enjoying some 'free' time.

That's it for this update, I'll be back with news if I have any soon!

Tags: Work

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.