Existing Member?

G on the go

Some Apollo Bay stories

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 1 December 2007 | Views [560]

On the 20th we got to Apollo Bay, and went straight for the Apollo Baypackers, which turned out to be run by Molly, and incredibly funny Irish lady, and Reg, a real Ozzie.

Molly adviced us to go out and just wlak into all the cafes, asking for a job. This proved to be the right way, because we had a job after half an hour at the Great Ocean Road Deli, a nice cafe/restaurant on the Main Street. Our little walk also proved that there wasn't more to see and more to Apollo Bay than that Main Street (and our days off have proven that there really isn't anything you can do here).

Doing groceries in Apollo Bay is just drama. The supermarkets overcharge, so we are going broke on buying food. I also tried to find underwear, and a dress and shoes, which proved to be a mission impossible.

We moved after three days to our long term accomodation, which was a big house one street down from the Backpackers, where we live with Tae Kyoung, a really nice Korean girl, Chris, an Ozzie guy, Richard, an Ozzie Park Ranger who has been taking us around in his car, Rachel, an Ozzie girl, and as of Monday, Margaret, one of our coworkers from the deli.

The deli is a fun place to work. It is owned by Hillary and Andy, an English couple, and is managed by Sebastian and Markos, two gay guys. Most of the collaegues are fun and crazy, but at the moment it is just a bit quiet, because the summer season has not really started yet.

In about two weeks I will be moving on, going to Melbourne to wait for my big bro, and visit my friend. I am really looking forward to that! But for now it is just working, and coming up with ways to enjoy the slow Apollo Bay :)

Tags: People

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.