Existing Member?

Ramblings of an Addict Tales from my journeys around the World.

Potosi, Bolivia, 28 August - 29 August

BOLIVIA | Wednesday, 5 September 2007 | Views [525]

Sorry for having such a long break from writing, after potosi we went to Yuni and the net there was frustratingly slow so I didn´t feel like it.

Potosi was a nice colonial style town, the highest city of it´s size, 4070m above the sea level. It is famous for it´s mines, which sadly weren´t made for fat people to visit as I really couldn´t fit trough the tunnels there and there fore couldn´t take one of the usual tours, and couldn´t be arsed to pay for a custom one.

I was really surprised about the beauty of the town and how rich it seemed to be compared to everything else I had seen in Bolivia, I guess the mining is still bringing in the dough even though they don´t mine silver anymore.

This is where our trip startet to get situated in the surroundings of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid with all of the Bolivian army after their blood, this actually is the place where they did their business. And what views there were, sadly we took a night buss to Yuni so we missed some of them, but on the positive note we couldn´t see out the windows and shit our pants from fright most of the time because of the darkness, the roads really are a bit dangerous and badly maintained. Atleast it was the dry season.

Tags: Sightseeing

About mikko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.