Existing Member?

Ramblings of an Addict Tales from my journeys around the World.

Arica, Chile - 3 August to 7 August

CHILE | Saturday, 4 August 2007 | Views [564]

Having a needle stuck in your...

...well to be politically correct let´s just say rear end at 7AM isn´t the best way to start your stop here, but as we both had a flu that had lasted for a few days we went to the hospital to get ourselves checked out. As it turned out we both had a mild case of bronchitis (keuhkoputken tulehdus in finnish), so we got a shot with antibiotics and prescribed some paracetamol & something that should clear up the flem building up.

We´ll take it easy here for a few days before heading up to peru and Cuzco as it probably isn´t the best idea to go to 3000m while sick.

Our journey from Salta to Arica took us driving over the Andes, and what a great views there were, snow capped mountains, salt lakes, hours and hours of this, really desolate but beautifull, too bad I was too tired to take my camera out. We went all the way up to more than 4000m on that trip and you could really feel it, especially the pressure changes when your head is full of crap because of the flu.

Well, I`m already feeling better, so nothing to worry about at home, shame we`ll miss all the great body boarding and other activities here, but going to the pacific with bronchitis and just a wet suit on isn`t maybe the smartest thing to do.

I´ll post some pictures of the Beach etc. later.

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

About mikko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.