Existing Member?

Ramblings of an Addict Tales from my journeys around the World.

Salta, Argentina 28 July to 1 August

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 1 August 2007 | Views [528]

A Fine or a Bribe is there a difference?

As I mentioned in my last post we didn´t get entry stamps going into Paraguay as the buss just drove trough the borders, looks like they care more about people exiting the country near Asuncion... Anyway as we didn´t have the stamps the border guards asked us to wait for a minute as they processed other passangers before taking us to their office, closing the door and windows, the official fine would`ve been 328 000 guaranis which is US$ 65 but they courteously gave us a group discount so we only had to pay US$ 100 to their refreshment fund or something.

That small problem solved we were on our way to Salta trough Resistencia, sadly our buss was about 1.5 hours late and we didn`t get tickets for our direct connection and had to take another buss to Tucuman and from there to Salta, in all it took 24 hours.

In Salta we are staying in a nice hostel as just about everything else was full, it`s nice to meet other travellers too and hear about their experiences. We both have a flu now so we haven`t been too active for the past few days, just a bit sightseeing, like taking a cable car up a mountain for a really amazing view of the valley where Salta lies. 

We are leaving Salta on thursday to Arica in Chile as we decided to change our route for practical reasons. It`s really cold now in the mountains of Bolivia so we wanna go to Chile and Peru first hoping that after a few weeks it`s a few degrees warmer in Bolivia too.

Tags: On the Road

About mikko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.