Existing Member?

Year of the Pig Adventures Mick and Fi's adventures to share with family and friends

Thailand and onwards to Home

THAILAND | Wednesday, 26 September 2007 | Views [492] | Comments [1]

Hello everyone,

We arrived in Bangkok last Friday, bedraggled and looking like feral backpackers. We decided to treat ourselves and book into a flash international 5 star resort in Pattaya before hooking up with our friend who lives in town. We rolled out of our tuk tuk after another long bus ride from Bangkok to get there, dirty, unshowered and jet lagged. My lord. You should see this hotel. Apparently the King and Queen of Thailand stay there when they feel like a bit of "sea air". We felt like we were to be kicked out any minute. We'd managed to get our room for 50% off the normal price for 4000 Baht a night (don't worry- only AUD $110)from a Bangkok travel agent. Well we lived it up- in the pool complex complete with pool boys and a swim-up bar. Seafood banquets and room service to die for (not very expensive with our AUD conversion either). We drank far too many gin & tonics on our balcony. Sadly it was here that we received the call from my Dad letting us know my grandmother- Kathleen Rose- passed away after a long sickness. She was 87 in June. There was no way we could make it back in time to Sydney and onwards to Walgett, outback Oz, for her funeral. Thank goodness for getting out to see her one last time at Easter.....she will be missed greatly.  

We've spent the last few days on Koh Samet island, swimming and relaxing. We saw an amazing fire show at a restaurant where you sit on beach mats on the sand and lie back on Thai cushions. The island is very quiet and very suay (beautiful). We're now at the airport with bags checked in- 1 extra full of souveniers for everyone- and our thoughts turn to home. We'll be back in Sydney tomorrow morning at the refreshing time of 5.30am and bus it back to Canberra for the big wedding!

Will post photos as soon as I can on to a computer back home.

See you all soon, love Fi xxxx 

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

Hey Hero Fi,
Good to see that you are almost back in Oz. Very sorry to hear about your grandma, I hope you are ok.

Enjoy the flight back & the bus to Canberra. Look forward to seeing photos.

Been busy at work but did manage (shock-horror!) to actually go to training on Tuesday & Patty was taking the class due to Gregs work committments. Much moe relaxed and good given that I am unfit, flabby etc....

Hope to hear from you soon :)

M

  Marita Sep 27, 2007 11:51 AM

About mick-and-fi

Ah it's been nearly 3 years since we've been overseas...sob...SOON!

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.