Existing Member?

Year of the Pig Adventures Mick and Fi's adventures to share with family and friends

First day in Finlandia!

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 26 August 2007 | Views [543] | Comments [5]

Marko & Jaana picked us up world weary, airline jaded and a little worse for wear at Helsinki airport yesterday lunchtime. We sped off down the road to their little house in a village outside of Helsinki. Our first impressions were of massive pine trees and green grass. Their dog Onni greeted us at the door- a quivering black molasses mass of hunting Labrador. We then tried Finnish magic- we made many bottles of wine and vodka disappear. Jaana & Marko cooked us a beautiful dinner of roast moose with mashed potato and rye bread. I had 2 helpings of roast moose- Bulwinkel rocks! Then much drinking. Much drinking. We walked the dog down the end of the road in a spectacularly beautiful Finnish field. The light was like something out of a dream.

Today we"ve trawled Helsinki, eating fish at the markets down by the river flanked with huge cruisers & ice breakers. We ended up in an Aussie bar drinking Tooheys and listening to Jimmy Barnes & AC/DC.  

Now we"re about to eat again. And drink some more. Till tomorrow.....Finland is cool.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hello Hero (& Hero's Hubby)!!
V.glad to see you made it all the way to the other side of the world and happy to hear that you have arrived safe, sound & relativley sober...

Do your ankles look less like donuts now?

You seem to be enjoying yourself, eating & drinking your way through the holiday, remember to walk it all off.

Look forward to reading about your next adventure....
:)

Marita

  Marita Aug 27, 2007 1:30 PM

2

Hurrah for moose!
Miss you both, keep us in the loop xxx
Kath

  Kath Aug 27, 2007 2:49 PM

3

Hi Loves,
First of all, Im so very jealous of you both i want to die. Secondly, im sorry that i didn't come to say goodbye. But i am sure that you are managing to cope whilst jetsetting around the globe. Huve loads of fun, keep us posted and raise Helsinki (sorry, i could not help myself).

Love
Re

  Re Aug 29, 2007 4:55 PM

4

Hello PICKLE and SCUBBA FI.
Have some moose for me and a drink or 2!!
Love and kisses to you both,
Scubba K
PS look after Kay and Bill!

  Karen Aug 30, 2007 11:12 PM

5

Should say SCRUBBA - had a few reds!

  Karen Aug 30, 2007 11:14 PM

About mick-and-fi

Ah it's been nearly 3 years since we've been overseas...sob...SOON!

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.