Existing Member?

an adventure exploring australia be off then Hello there folks, just another little blog because three aren’t enough I will use this to post some pics from the little journey that will hopefully take me around Australia with a brief stop over in Bangkok! Leaving UK 20th Septe

STILL HERE!

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 27 January 2015 | Views [379]

It's been how long now??? nearly a year??? The other week I emailed the persimmon farm I worked for last year. yes, that's right. One year ago I asked the same question. how crazy is that? How am I still here? ;-)

So what's been happening???

More odd jobs? Of course!

I ended up working in a backpackers in maroochydore, ducking the anger spurts of the manager, trying to communicate between an angry frustrated middle aged man and 19yo backpackers is not easy. I was grate ful to have somewhere to stay and meet some nice folk. Of course I ended up meeting real interesting people there too. 

Women practising reiki or studying alternative pain therapy and having connections to German New Medicine. People attending a seminar of The Reconnection (.com) modalities. All whilst I was practicing my patience and positivity facing very very shocking anger outbursts and fights... and generally being sleep deprived from the noise of the backpackers keeping me up.

Additionally I somehow ended up selling mangoes on the road side during November/December... one of the most boring jobs I have ever had but the tastiest yet ;-)  Rock up, fill the car with produce, drive up, put up marquee, sit and wait... whilst getting all dusty and sweaty form the traffic of  a main road. Obviously had some lovely chats with interesting folk there too...but the boredom won, There's only that much I can read during a full day and only that much of sitting or even standing in just one spot I am capable of.

Meanwhile I was house sitting the backpackers as the manager had escaped to Thailand. As you do. Not that bad a few weeks there, having the whole place to myself, big pool incl.

Sal to rescue! Again! :) I left beginning of December, moved in to Sal&Rich's room in Coolum and covered some cleaning gigs for the lovely Sal whilst she was off for Christmas. 

Another sweet way of meeting interesting folk and earning some cash and actually feeling like you accomplished something during your day! Love it!

Next up was Woodford. you ask, the universe provides, eh? So I bumped  into the lovely Youssef who got  me a position volunteering for the phone charge tent at Woodford Folk Festival. Something I been reallly wanting to do but too broke for  a ticket!

And what a week!!!! A week of pure bliss and happiness, smiley faces and dance dance dance and the happiest surprise encounters and catch ups with lovely folk! 

I had the best of both, working with nice folk, having all the time I needed to see the most amazing music and enjoy myself. 

One night, walking around on my own I have Tam form bristol walk toward me "Michi!!!"...WHAT? I would have liked to see my face then and known how long it took me to realise what was going on...(it was late! ;-)) So nice to catch up with her and Jud, reminisce over bristol times and have a good old stomp to some Scottish knees up folk.

Sandra and Phoebe, fruitopia connections also crossed my paths...

As well as the lovely Jason and Lucy who I had met at the backpackers...

And I managed to catch up with the lovely Jess, old Bristol uni times buddy who now resides in byron Bay. 

So much. in one week. You can imagine I was a little exhausted after 6 days of a lot of walking and dancing and catching up and absorbing awesome music and stories.. a lot of sweating a few drinks here n there... I was kinda glad when it was over but cannot wait until this year's week of bliss! ;-)

And then it was 2015. How did that happen? And now what?

A few attempts of leaving Coolum. I fell for my first gumtree scam, desperate for a job, paying a deposit on accommodation... for something that just didn't exist. I got the deposit back so it's not all that bad, only frustrating. the car was packed the trip - visiting loads of people along the way- planned...the money running low.

So I stayed. A coolum residence couch surfer once more. 

I tried again, next time around Gatton. What was I thinking??? I drove down, like I said, I am desperate for cash... but realised pretty quick that I wouldn't be able to last long. The place is a dump. Everything you can think of that stands for sunny coast life style, think of the complete opposite and you got Gatton. The job a joke. Mothering between 50 and 70 backpackers who are there for farm work, chasing them for rent and such, and generally "chasing" them as that's the only way to really make money. base pay 200 a week. Our accommodation would have been in Laidley too, another 20 min drive from gatton where "my office" (the owner's kitchen table covered in a mess of paper work) was.

I stayed two nights, got bitten all over by God knows what, itching and uncomfortable... packed up after the second night and drove back to the Coast.

You cannot say I am not trying. I really am. Have been applying for quite a few jobs… tried various locations… but somehow it isn’t quite meant to happen just yet.

I haven’t even mentioned how the cleaning let to another interesting encounter of someone teaching universal intelligence. Another term for pure consciousness or awareness. Similar to what I had encountered with German new Medicine and Millennium Education… same same but different names and approaches. Look it up. ;-) It is nice being guided and reminded sometimes. And so the journey continues and I will, as suggested, pick up the journal again, which has been left neglected since recovering from bellbunya.

Right now, all is open, as per usual, BUT I am excited about Ursula coming to join me for some adventuring! Yes, old uni friend, met in 2003?! One of the friendships you feel not much ever changes between you… and so I can’t wait to see her here. In freakin Australia. (Yes, it still blows my mind. Every now and then.)

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.