Existing Member?

an adventure exploring australia be off then Hello there folks, just another little blog because three aren’t enough I will use this to post some pics from the little journey that will hopefully take me around Australia with a brief stop over in Bangkok! Leaving UK 20th Septe

the magic roundabound

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 24 March 2014 | Views [300] | Comments [2]

Round and round it goes and where it ll stop nobody knows. ... amamoor- gympie-maryborough- wilkesdale-maleny-noosa. ... Jack and I have found us a nice little circle in south qld. Scoring persimmons,mangoes,dragon fruit, pineapple,custard apples.... making friends and talking to market folk...spotting platypus, sea turtles and dolphins.stare downs with snakes.running,stretching and playing in the ocean. Learning about how screwed the situation for local farmers is who have to compete with cheap imports, insane pest control laws and generally mad buyers at the markets. Perfect fruit is being refused for having not picture perfect leaves, a pallet of fruit might be refused for a broken plank in the pallet the boxes with puppets sit on. At what about those prices? I was shocked to see mangoes for nearly $5 when I first arrived...now persimmons $1.45 the piece, a piece for over three dollars was spotted in Brisbane! These are fruits growing in abundance and so they should be accessible to everyone! What are Cole's and Woolworths bosses actually thinking? Go to a local market and you will get a fair deal.the supermarket screws the grower and then ends up chucking a lot of produce because no one will buy it! It is insane! Either way,...I had my half year mango fix and am currently finishing the very last three babies I was given by the neighbours in amamoor. This is it.season over! But fear not because now we got super sweet pineapples,custard apples and dragon fruit. And citrus coming on. Jack and I have been bonding further. What was kitchen,library and wardrobe has now an additional bedroom. Three nights car park chilling in noosa, falling asleep to the sound of the waves. And then off to the next" adventure". So I met the local artist and confused drunk in bandanna.checking out some pretty cool aboriginal art but having a hard time holding a normal conversation. Met a lonely again fairly drunk man giving me bs for being vegan but wanting me to stick around to help mowing and watering a macadamia farm.right. I'm now off Gardening at bellbunya community.bit more holistic and nurturing I should think. It will be nice to sleep in a bed again after more than a month of camping and I'm excited to devote some time ti learning about permaculture and bio dynamic growing! Finally a space to practice yoga again too! Things remain interesting.stay tuned.

Comments

1

Who is Jack ;) ?

  Dad Mar 31, 2014 5:33 PM

2

Jack is my car taking me round all those places!

  michidoesoz May 5, 2014 3:09 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.