Existing Member?

myTrip This is supposed to be the story of my trip to success. Well that's what I hope anyway. Here goes ...

Arriving at the Airport - PART ONE

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 8 January 2008 | Views [4425]

Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)

Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)

So at around 10.00 pm the day after I was supposed to leave, at around the same time the day before, my wife drove me to the airport. I was running a little late than schedule this was because honestly, I was dragging myself to move.

Being a family man as I am, leaving my wife and kids behind was not an easy thing to do. Of course I have done that before a couple of times but it was for a different reason now. For a start this trip was unlike before. As I said in the introduction earlier, this was supposed to be my trip to success. So, failure is not an option.

Arriving at the departure hall, Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at around 10.45 pm on Tuesday 8th of January 2008 was the moment of truth for me.

Actually this trip was planned many, many times and very long ago. But as they say the road to success is never easy, that is what actually my associates and I have been facing. We were supposed to fly to Beijing to meet another associate of ours who has been stranded there for almost 4 months, as early as October 2007 but due to financial constraint on everybody’s part, the plan had to be postponed a couple of times.

Until that very night when I met my associate who handed me my E-ticket in hand with my name on it and confirming that we would be flying that day and also having presented it to the counter to obtain my boarding pass, I was quite unsure of whether the trip to Beijing would ever take place.

So after the traditional saying goodbyes to our friends and my wife who has given her undying support and love for me to take up this challenge, I muster the strength to enter the departure check point together with my associate who is also a good friend of mine. As I was standing on the escalator going down the Immigration check-point, so many things entered my mind. Will I be okay? Will I be stopped at the Immigration because of whatever reason I might not know. How silly it was but I can’t help to have all these feelings flowing down from my thought to my heart.

Tags: Airports

About mh71


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.