Existing Member?

myTrip This is supposed to be the story of my trip to success. Well that's what I hope anyway. Here goes ...

The Aborted Journey

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 8 January 2008 | Views [528]

I was supposed to leave for Beijing, CHINA on the 8th of January 2008 just after midnight.  

So on that day, Monday, I already did the mind-setting of leaving my home and family for some time to complete an unaccomplished mission in Beijing, China. It is a work related journey, one that would take me out of the sunken ship, so to speak! 

All things were packed from my house and then my wife and I moved the kids to my parents’ home nearby. We returned home and I just picked the luggage up easily. I think this time around I was prepared because I wasn’t anticipating anything major from my trip unlike before with so many anticipations and so much expectations. I have been there once before around a year ago. I knew the people who I was going to meet and the places I was supposed to be at. And as for the weather upon checking the internet, it’s like the best weather for me… freezing COLD! I like.

Note: - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ is the best website for checking the time as well as the weather around the world. For those who are 1st time travellers, this website has everything from accurate timing to weather forecast, currency converter as well as meeting planner. It will be easier for those who carry around the up-to-date internet gadgets. Most of all it is easily accessible and user-friendly if you know what I mean.

So as I left my parents’ house, I received a call from my associate telling me that the trip was postponed due to some technical error. Apparently our flight was booked one day later. Luckily it wasn't a day earlier, I thought. What a surprise, but it was a pleasant one because it would mean that I got to spend another night with my family. The good thing was that I had already packed up my entire luggage so it wasn't a problem to wait for just one more day. 

So, another night and another day for me and my family and I would say it was well spent. I went to the office to complete some outstanding matters and some time with the kids. I got to pick them up from school too that day.

However later on that day, the feeling of nervousness overcame me because of the almost 6 hour trip in a plane made me quite unstable throughout the day. Although I love to go places but I really hate air travelling. The more I took the plane the more unpleasant it was for me. Call it phobia or whatever, that’s just me.

Anyway, it was such a relief that I had packed the day before the actual journey as I was never an organised nor a coordinated person when it comes to packing and travelling. I am always a last minute guy to do everything but not this time as I managed my time well. Thanks to the wife of course.

So when the trip was postponed that day to another day, it was the moment that I truly appreciated and experienced a true quality moment with my wife and kids. Imagine this, you have already packed up and ready to leave, in fact kissed and hugged everyone around you and thinking in the head that you would not be seeing them for another 3 weeks or so and as you are driving out of the house and thinking, ‘If only for just one more night I could be with them, I will cherish the moment’ and suddenly you get a call telling you that your trip is postponed to the day after!  

Yeah i know. That’s how I felt that day. My prayers were answered and there I was back at my parents’ home with my wife and kids sleeping over for just another day.

What a blessing.

Tags: The Planning Phase

 

About mh71


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.