Existing Member?

Hoi ta toi toi! Chip chip cheeerio! Merry Trentadue's all up in the UK ...watch out! Travel Journal Here we go again!

Weekends in QLD - Bilbys and Beachs and waterfalls - oh my!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 12 May 2008 | Views [574]

I have have the greatest time in Brisbane! I was sent here for the last 3 weeks of this job. My first experiance in Brissie was aweful, so I thought I hated it. I was wrong! I just had a bad first 2 weeks I think. I"ve loved staying on the south side of the Brissie River. On the weekends, I've been hiking in Tamborine Mountian in the mornings, and going to the Gold Coast to lay on pretty beaches. 


5 mins into my first hike, I heard something rustling in the rainforest bush. Being a nature lover, I had to see what it was. I get closer, and see something hopping! I had NO idea what it was! Australia is full of really interesting wildlife. Lucky for me, and cute AUssie family walked up behind me, and I asked them what it was quietly.. before it hopped away. Turns out is was a BILBY. Yeah, I haven't heard of one before either! it was the size of a cat... you should google it! it's weird.

The hike was really pretty. I took photos, will try to post them up here. Rainforests are just SO pretty! i just felt so happy to be able to hike around in something so old, and so pretty. With the sunlight shining through the rainforest canapy... it was great!

I have been hanging out on Palm Beach - aka Palmy. It's near the bottom of the Gold Coast, just north of Coolangatta. It's georgeous blue clear water... still lovely to swim in... and NO people! it's awesome!!!


Last day of the job is Thursday! then off to Byron Bay for a party to celebrate the end of the season with all the recruiters. After that, backpacking up the coast for a month. WIll have to post about that.

:) mer

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.