Existing Member?

Hoi ta toi toi! Chip chip cheeerio! Merry Trentadue's all up in the UK ...watch out! Travel Journal Here we go again!

April 22nd - off to Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 4 May 2008 | Views [811]

April 22nd was my first solo campus info meeting. I got Deakin Uni, Geelong Waterfront campus. It was a really tiny campus - like, only one building tiny. But it was really prtty, right on the water. Out of 49 people that came, 49 applied! so that's great. it was also REALLY fun doing the meeting by myself! i did the whole meeting in 30 mins. And with brad is took 50. So it was a really fun day. One of the past recruiter, Brian, also one of the guys i went camping with on the great ocean road, hung out with me all day b/c he goes to that uni. 

After the info meeting, I drove to pick up Maria, and then we headed to a hotel near the airport in Melbourne. Shona booked us a 6am flight, which means we had to be at the airport by 5am. (yuck). so, we barely got any sleep. We were at the airport before the security opened! We get to Sydney, and arrive at the Wake Up hostle, the place ISV put us up for the week we were at traning. We weren't allowed to check in until noon... which doesn't help us because we had to be at work by noon. It was 8am at the time, and all we wanted to do was nap. So, we crash out in the TV room of the hostle. (me, maria nd ellen). All the other recruiters start to show up, and we catch the train down to Bondi Junction, where the ISV office is. Everyone except for Charile, who slept in and missed his flight. (oops). We rock up to the office and meet out new boss for a the next 3 weeks. his name is nick, and he's the deamiest guy ever. he's a kiwi. The kiwi accent is different than the aussie accent. Let me give you an example. Instead of saying "take and left turn" a kiwi says "take a lift turn". sometime with I and E's. Sorry, i digress. "training" wasnt really much of the sort. We flew to sydeny to be training, by nick, for the next 3 weeks. Highschool recruiting. They first day we were all really tired from flying in from all over australia... but nick tried to go over some material. The next morning we got the the office, went over some training stuff for like, 15 mins, and then we spent the rest of the day sorting papers, stuffing folders, going over maps...ect. So we left w/out really being trained at all.

Maria, Ellen, and myself went out big that night... A guy named brian tha is a kiwi and a past recuriter came out with us too. we didnt end up getting to sleep till around 4am. i hate when that happens. We wake up, and it's Anzac day!!! one of aussie's biggest boosing day. and the only day when "2 ups" is leagal. (and old gambling game the diggers used to play. it involves a piece of wood, and 2 pennies from the war. you bet on which side of the 2 pennies will be face up). ME ellen and maria hung otu in bondi beach for the day. it was fun!

THe next day, i get up, pack, and head back to Brisbane! Me and Ali got Brisbane, the gold coast and the sunshine coast as our highschool territories.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.