Existing Member?

Hoi ta toi toi! Chip chip cheeerio! Merry Trentadue's all up in the UK ...watch out! Travel Journal Here we go again!

i love good days :)

USA | Sunday, 20 April 2008 | Views [560] | Comments [2]

Thursday, april 17th was my last big university with brad. it was a tough run for us. our personalities tended to clash... i've never met any one more negative, or stressed about out everything. Our last uni was called La Trobe, and it is in a suburb of Melbourne called Bundoora. He got home after going out on sunday night at 7am!!!! so i'm leaving for campus, and he's getting home. GREAT. he didn't get to campus that day unitl like, 1pm. it's just been really frustratin knwoing i'm working hard and getting LOTS of apps, and he isn't. He gets 30% of any contracts i get in... and given how much he doens't care about the job, and didn't try, it sucks. Anyway, so Thursday night, we parted ways! I stayed in melbs, and shared a room with Ellen... another recruiter in Melbs this week. Friday was such a great day! The sun was shining, we ate at my favorite cafe in st. kilda, got my printing done, picked up my renal car, and drove to my solo uni in Geelong. I got a navagation systems for the car, which is AMAZING! one thing about driving in australia is it doesn't have well marked roads or street signs... so even if you have a map, you literally have to miss the road every time and then turn around. (and this is big cities i'm talking about here.) It was SO DUMB that me and brad didn't get one the whole time ... it's only $5 a day, and we still would have been under budget. but anyway, i'm smart, so i got it! THe uni is REALLY TINY. it's only one building! haha. we are only doing one day of announcements thouhg, and then a tuesday info meeting. I'm really excited to get to do the meeting by myself. that way, i have control over how long it is! After i checked out the Uni, i drove around to try to find accomodation for Sunday and Monday. Dekain Uni in Geelong is on a bay... so i go up to this hotle that is literally on the water. first one i try... and they agree to give me the room for budget, which is $70 a night! AWESOME! everything went my way on friday... it was such a fun day! didn't get lost, it was sunny and warm... got accomo no problem... :) 

This weekend me and ellen kicked it in St. Kilda, went to the beach b/c it got sunny and warm, and window shopped. Sat night we went out big with lot of people. Shona is in town with her boyfriend Tom, so we met them out on Chaple street. Ellen's friend lives here too so she came, and tash and maria came too. it was a fun drunk night!

I forgot to mention that me and ellen had a great hotel room in st. kilda... it even had art on the wall! totally cute. free parking AND free wireless internet! gotta love small pleasures.

Next thing we are doing is flying to Sydeny on Wednesday morning to go to the ISV office to get trained for highschool recruiting. the we do that for 3 weeks. (dont know what city i have to go to yet) then to Byron Bay for a end of season celebration.

Hope everyone has a great week! If I dont write from Geelong, I'll try to write from Sydney.

Love

Merry

Comments

1

Hi Merry, is so great to "catch up". I new you were going to kick some aussie butts! Getting as many apps as you could. Have fun... A-

  Adriana T Apr 20, 2008 2:26 PM

2

Mer, I miss you! It sounds as if you are having the time of our life. Keep up the bloggin. Missin you from Beantown!

  Meg Apr 22, 2008 10:16 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.