Existing Member?

Hoi ta toi toi! Chip chip cheeerio! Merry Trentadue's all up in the UK ...watch out! Travel Journal Here we go again!

thursday meeting results - Deakin Uni

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 20 March 2008 | Views [335]

biggest meeting yet! 130 people came - and 103 signed up! that's the best sign up ratio yet. 62 applications had only my name on them too, so it's cool that the hard work this week paid off. Also - 79 poeple out of the 103 came b/c they heard me in their class!

The interesting part about the meeting was my partner brad decided to go out wednesday night and get drunk - came home at 2am wasted. I get up at 5:15am, and am on campus by 6am to start flyering, and chalking. I call him at 8:15am to see where he is, because i needed help setting up the room. he was still at the frekin bus stop!!!! we are supposed to be on campus by 7am on thursdays to flyer bomb and get ready for the meeting. he calls again at 8:45 to tell me he can't get on the bus and called a cab. GREAT. so i RUN to the library, and have to print off his part of the presentation because i did'nt have his section with me. He rocks up at like, 9:15am... and then takes over the second part later on. He's completely hung over, and smells. His presentation is so sloppy and all over the place. Imagine trying to do public speaking totally hung over... yeah, it was that bad. He is taking 15mins to do his 9 minute section, continually repeating himself... it was pretty bad. Hopefully he'll think twice next time. thursdays are who me make our money, so it was a really interesting choice. The outcome ended up good - because we got so many applications. but it wasn't cool to do that at all. hopefully it wont happen again.

dont know where i'm sleeping tormorrow night, or what i'm going to do with all my bags after i check out tomorrow. Hmmm.

Then - off on easter break! heading up great ocean road on the camping trip with the past ISV recruiters. They are all aussies except for one Kiwi. everything is kind of unplanned - jumping on some other poeple's non-plans. :)

Ok - write sometime next week after the road trip i imagine.

:)
Merry

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.