Existing Member?

Hoi ta toi toi! Chip chip cheeerio! Merry Trentadue's all up in the UK ...watch out! Travel Journal Here we go again!

big bear and sydney part 2!

USA | Saturday, 1 March 2008 | Views [888] | Comments [2]

Sorry it's taken me so long to update. apparently, wireless interent isn't the norm out here. i am actually paying for it right now. (gasp)

Current location and time: Surfers Paradise, 4:12pm on march 12th.


OK - so back to the story. So Frenchie wouldn't come home with us from the bar. Me, Shona, Liz, and Ali started walking home from the bar b/c there were no cabs to be had and we were out there for a good 45mins...and nothing. Brad, Finbar, Ellen, and Kyala were just behind us, heading back into the bar to truy to get frenchie to come with. We dont know where charlie went. (it was HIS birthdya) but he was missing. So, we are walking, and walking. it's freezing, and about 1:30-2am. We this car pulls up and asks us if we need a ride. these girls are french, and shona is french canadian, so she chats them up, and tells us to hop in, and they will drive us the 2 miles to our cabin. Just then, two Big Bear cop cars/trucks pull up with sirons going and jump out of the car yelling at us... "what's going on here!?" so the frech car drives off. Shona runs up to the cop saying "thank you so much for pulling over! We need a ride home!" and the cop says " HEY! Stop! (while reaching for his gun) ... Don't come running at me, I dont know you!" So we are all like... huh? 4 girls walking along a dark road, and the cop is mad at us? So he's all like... "what are you doing here?!" And we say, "Well officer, we were drinking at the pub up the way, we called for a cab, there was no cabs for 45min, so we started to walk. Then, this car offered to drive us". Then cop says " were you drinking" We said "yes, we each had about 3 beers, that's why we were walking and not driving...we coudln't get a cab". THen he takes all of our drivers licenses and locks us in his cop car. We we are like... Hmmmmm. What the F?! THe cop takes his time running our records. Meanwhile, Ali is COMPLETELY SMASHED and is singing, or swearing, or yelling. Shona and I are trying to get it through to her that it's not funny, and the cop might like, actully arrest us, or her. So after running our records, he still is acting like a tough ass, but drives us home. Ali literally almost gets arrest there b/c she decides to talk smack to the cop when we get to the cabin. As the cop pulls away, and ali is barely walking in to the cabin, along comes Charlie! He walked home... and he's barely able to walk at this point too. A few mins after that all the other come in who also walked home. We are trying to tell everyone about the cop are story, but people are drunk and still laughing from kareoke. The only one that doesn't come home is Arean (the frenchie). So everyone is up by 7am (ouch) packing adn getting out, b/c we were supposed to leave the cabin by 7:30am-8am. But Frenchie isn't there yet. She actually doens't get dropped off until 9am. she' in TROUBLE. We actully thought she was going to be fired right there. Shona has a big talk with her, but Simon and randy are really mad. B/c timelyness is the main component to this job...ect. I'm going to jump a few days just so you know how the story ends. They ended up rewriting her contract, and not firing her. prob putting something in about drinking, sleeping with guys, or being late. I guess Randy (the owner) wasn't satisfied, so they ended up making her do her first university all by herself as a trial. if she can hack it, she's still on. if not, she's fired. Her partnery charlie is still on his original university and will have help from a past recruiter that works in the office.


So after all that drama, we head to the house in Orange county, it's a beaituful sunny day. I actully got sunburned. we pracited alot, and then headed to LAX for our flight to SYD. fligth wasn't too bad, was able to sleep for about 6hours out of the 15 i think. I was still super jet lagged when i got to SYD.


OK - looks like I am not going to get to talk about SYD yet. I'm at an internet cafe. Will log on when we get back to Brissie, ... we have to have internet at our hotel. I mean, we have to! (right?!).


I owe you Sydney, Brisbane and our first day on uni, and Surfers Paradise.


Love you!
Merry

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Somehow I new there would be a story....Whoa BABY! Hope your first week is great! Looking forward to hearing about it :)

  Steph Mar 4, 2008 2:28 AM

2

after reading all these stories about cop cars, drunk kareoke, and walking home...i heard nothing of a mock marching band!!! you need to introduce these other people to the marching band!!

sounds like you're having a blast mer-rar, lookin forward to more stories!

  an-dar Mar 5, 2008 5:05 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.