Existing Member?

My World Travels

Krakow,Poland

POLAND | Thursday, 13 November 2008 | Views [742]

HI all made it to Poland safely, struggled to get up this morning due to a big night, not so good when you have to catch the train the next morning, i think i have learnt my lesson.
Tran ride was pretty fun. Meg and i ended up having a food fight on there with rolls and nutalla. was funny (and i wwas feeling better). Got to Krakow and found our hostel easy, People were really nice and willing to help us, we didnt even have to ask, they just came to us..
Had an easy night. Next day was Independance Day so massive amounts of people around everwhere. Markets and paraids going on. We did a free walking tour of krakow, and walked about 4 hrs we were dead but were also the only 2 on the tour so we had to listen to him cause he would no when wer werent. we went to the Old town then to theBarbican and Floriancka Gates, the to Wawel Castle and saw the "dragon" what krakow is known for. we then when to Kazimiier then to the Jewish Ghetto, that was pretty sad we saw where they were taken from in Nazi time and how all there belongings where thrown out with them onto the street. we then went to Schindlers Factory and it was getting to the end of the tour here so our feet were killing and listing skills not so good.
That ngiht ws movie night and we watched Froest Gump a good old clasic which we all loved...
November12th Meg and i got up early to go to Aushwits. the bus ride took about 1 1/2 hrs. It was so sad when we were there i guess i learnt so much, and the things you see ant nice either. There was a massive Glass window and behind it was human hair so much of it so much,and it was all tfrom when they shaved their heads, i guess the thing is it wasnt even all of it. Then there was rooms of adult shoes and another room of kids shoes and little clothes, so sad. The hair brushes from the girls and the little ones from the little girls.We spend about 3 hr there then went to Burcanal (not sure spelling) that place hit hard too. But this time as you walked in you walked along the train tracks so you could really imagin it, the men lined up on one side and wemen and children on the other. Families ripped apart righ there. The wemen that were fit for worrk useually survived only for few months but that was longer the the children and sick or older women who went straight to gass chambers. Walking along the train track was chilling. we got home late from long bus ride back, got some dinner and watching another movie. Well meg is,im on here. We are the only 2 in a 12 bedroom dorm tongiht how good is that!!!
Here for one more day then heading to Dresden for couple nights.
I miss you all and thinking of you all.
Hope you liked some of contiki photos, to see what trouble i go in. The 3 girls you see in most of the are the 3 sisters from S.A. we keep in contact still with them.
Be good everyone and dont do what i wouldnt do!
Love Always
Mel
xxx

 

About melwhite14


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.