Existing Member?

Goodbye Brisbane, hello world!

Welcome back to Africa

ZIMBABWE | Wednesday, 24 November 2010 | Views [546]

Have arrived in Zimbabwe, after a long 48 hours of being awake. My body clock is completely confused... An interesting 3 flights, surprisingly not a lot of sitting around, except the part where our flight to Harare was apparently inexistant according to the arrivals board, and we got told it was too full and we would be on the waiting list...

Funny story, we hadn't been in Africa 5 mins when someone tried to help us get to the gate in Joberg Airport, I was amazed at how helpful he was, of course didnt stop to think there was monetary incentive in it! (The joys of living in Aus). After grabbing my suitcase and running up 2 escalators towards the line, with kieran and I trailing after him (Kieran thought he was stealing it), only to push infront of the line. He then tried to guilt trip us into giving him a "little somethin somethin for his troubles"...  After explaining that we didn't hve anything on us except aussie dollars, he stormed off. Oh Africa how have I missed you! Cupboard love...

Until next time, I will marvel at giant milipedes; chongololos; an animal i had completely forgotten about, and drink multiple cups of coffee grown on African soil.

xo

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Zimbabwe

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.