Existing Member?

Goodbye Brisbane, hello world!

Day 1 in Grand Cayman

CAYMAN ISLANDS | Monday, 24 January 2011 | Views [692]

This morning I woke to the sound of waves crashing on the shore, and the light pitter patter of rain drops on the big tropical leaves outside the room. I went outside to watch the sun rise for my first day of a new adventure... A beautiful orange light filtered through the clouds and lit up the sand like molten gold.  All around the house there are coconut palms, the beach infront of the house is 15 metres or so away, and there is nothing but a few wooden beach cottages along the beach. Crabs scuttle everywhere, and stop, dissapearing into the sand, ghost-like, completely invisible. A blue Anolis lizard is sitting perched on the tree trunk, different to every liziard I have ever seen, its dewlap quivers, in a defensive posture, if I move any closer he will display it, like a vivid blue bib under his throat.

Clouds glowed pink like fairy floss as I smell fresh coffee from the room next door. This place is paradise, it is so beautiful! My housemate; Doug  is up, and he makes coffee first thing in the morning. Awesome! I think I'm going to like it here! :)

 

 

Travel Answers about Cayman Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.