Existing Member?

Running away from Home

A Fax, a fax, my kingdom for a fax!

NEPAL | Thursday, 11 February 2010 | Views [488]

The majority of my day was spent trying to find a decent hotel to move into and trying to find a place that will do an international fax. The Hotel Ganesh Himal could not extend my stay for another two nights so they offered a room in the hotel next door. Up until this point, I was very impressed with the service from Hotel Ganesh Himal. Having them set me up with a room in the hotel next door is a black mark against them in my book. What kind of hotel gives a woman a bathroom with a window broken off at the hinge. Sure, I had a nice breeze in there, but I don’t really care for showering in public. The fellow in the lobby seemed really irritated when I asked for a different room, but then again, I had already put in the huge request for a few clean towels and some toilet paper. I decided that I could not stay where I was at about the same moment that Kathryn decided the same thing. We had a good laugh, packed up and found a new hotel.

When I first arrived, the neighborhood of Thamel intimidated me, but after doing several laps through it looking for an international fax place, it was starting to grow on me. I never did find the fax machine and had to resort to a different method of getting $300 dollars to an address in Tennessee, but with every lap, I grew more comfortable with the chaos that was going on around me. There was one shocking moment when I thought some guy asked me if I was interested in f***ing, but it turns out that he was asking me if I wanted some information on trekking.

About melissa_k


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.