Existing Member?

Footprints

Life in the UK

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 23 September 2007 | Views [452]

August 16 Aidan and I arrived in the UK.  Aidan will return to his old job in London, and I'll have to find some way to occupy myself until I go to Grad school next year.  The first week here we went up to London a few times to look for a flat.  We found a nice one on Richmond Hill a block from Richmond Park.  We can't move in until September 29th, when the current renters move out.  With a month to kill until then, we decided we'd head off to Wales for a couple of weeks (picture gallery 'Fall Holiday in Wales').  We started with two days in the Brecons, then rented a cottage for a week in southern Snowdonia, one day along the coast of Cartigan, then three days in the south near Swansea.  Aidan did lots of mountain biking, while I spend time relaxing reading books and doing art.  We did some big hikes together.. the one in Brecons took us about eight hours.  We had a very enjoyable couple of weeks. 

The time between holidays we've been staying with Aidan's mum Cathy.  It's been wonderful to spend some time with the family.. and wonderful of Cathy to let Aidan and I free-boot around for a month. :)

.

The plan is to keep up this site as I did in New Zealand, as mainly just as a place to post pictures.  Feel free to email if you'd like a detailed story about a certain picture or adventure.  (If you haven't seen them yet; the pictures from New Zealand are all under 'Auckland' in the photo gallery). 

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.