Existing Member?

Footprints

Val D'Isere

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 31 January 2010 | Views [619]

I've posted the pictures from our ski holiday.  We had an excellent time.. lots of fresh snow before we arrived (and fresh snow one night, just to keep the powder topped up).. blue skies.. great chalet mates.. great chef.. and great fun.  This is our third holiday in the Alps.. and every time it's been perfect.  We stayed at a half board catered chalet (which saves the problem of trying to explain -in French- that our meals should be meat or dairy free.. something the 'cheese loving fish is a vegetable' French don't seem to understand).  We had a full breakfast starting at 8am.. hopefully catching the first lifts up the mountain at 9am.  Lunch was either packed or at one of the resort restaurants (high prices, but good food).  Lifts shut around 4pm.. so it was back down the mountain for a fresh baked cake or plate of cookies provided by our chef, followed by a nice hot bath to soak those tired muscles.  Resting and reading soon lead to the 7.30pm pre dinner nibbles and drinks, and then the 8pm three course dinner.  There were three other couples in our chalet.. and everyone got along wonderfully despite the wide range of ages.  I enjoy the shared accommodations, it's nice to have a varied conversation in the evenings after a day out alone (with Aidan) on the slopes.  Usually to bed about 10pm.. then begin it all again the following morning.  

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.