Existing Member?

Footprints

Spring in Wales

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 20 April 2009 | Views [744] | Comments [1]

Aidan and I just got back last night from a week in Wales over Easter Holidays.  We had an amazing time (as always) in our favorite country.  We started out Saturday and Sunday night in South Wales at a lovely B&B near one of the purpose built mountain bike trail centers, one we had not been to before.  I enjoyed trying out my new bike on the Welsh soil, and Aidan had lots of fun exploring the new trails.  Monday we drove up to North Wales for our week at a cottage in the Coed-y-Brenin Forest.  It was a beautiful cottage set about five miles off the public road way up in the middle of the forest.  It was very secluded.. exactly what we were looking for.  We enjoyed a week of walks and mountain biking.  One of the loops of the mountain bike trail crossed the road a short ride from the cottage, so we could just ride our bikes out the door and down the mountain.  On Friday two of our friends joined us for the weekend.  Two other couples also came, staying at a B&B in a near-by town.  Saturday we all did a big hike up Snowdon mountain.  It's only about eight miles up and down, but it's a good old climb and took most of the day.  We really lucked out with the weather.. sunny and warm, which allowed for amazing views of the countryside from the top.  This was my fifth time up to the top, but aside from Aidan it was everyone elses first time.  They loved it, and really seemed to enjoy their entire weekend in Wales.  Sunday we all met up at the trail center near our cottage, they all went out for a walk to the waterfalls while Aidan and I had a last few hours on our bikes. 

It was a great holiday.

Comments

1

Mel, sounds like you two had a wonderful trip! And so much fun to go back to the area you first met. Brandon and I look forward to going back to Negril, Jamaica once we get back to the States. Not quite the same, but still fun for bringing back memories! Thanks for posting all the gorgeous pics! I still want to visit Wales with you one of these years! Love you much, Rel

  Rel Apr 21, 2009 9:04 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.