Existing Member?

Footprints

Christmas 2007

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 26 December 2007 | Views [438] | Comments [2]

Aidan and I have had a wonderful Christmas holiday at Cathy's house.  It was a very relaxing and quiet, with just Aidan, Cathy, Rowena, and I to celebrate (Edwin, the brother, was a no-show).  Two days before Christmas we started our celebration with a carol service in a 14thC church in Arundel.  It was a beautiful old building, lit only with candle light for the service.  It was a great program, and really got us in the spirit of Christmas.  Christmas day we opened one gift, then Rowena, Aidan, and I went for a Christmas day walk in the gentle rain while Cathy was busy cooking.  Christmas lunch was a feast of food, turkey and roast veg, a special nut loaf for me, many different side dishes, and several types of desserts.  It was amazing.  My favorite thing was when Aidan lit the Christmas Pudding on fire!  It's a British tradition, and the pudding contains alot of brandy.. so lighting it on fire isn't as difficult as it sounds. 

I missed the Smith celebration, but had a great time with the in-laws.  You can view some pictures in the Christmas gallery.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Dear Melissa & Aidan

I missed you both at Christmas. I hope you enjoyed your gifts. Melissa I hope you received the other box I sent soon.

Thank You for our gifts

From the pictures it looks as though you have a wonderful time at Cathy's. Thanks for sharing.

Love You
Mum

  Mum Dec 28, 2007 1:50 AM

2

Ms. Smith/Melissa/Mrs. Deletant,

I looked through some of your photos--it looks like you're doing really well in England! =) I hope that you received my letter/photos--I sent it earlier in January, I think. I'm pretty excited that this is my last year in Brunswick County, tee hee... Anyway, keep in touch! Miss you!

Anna

  Anna E. A-P Feb 9, 2008 3:55 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.