Existing Member?

20WOC

Flight to KK

MALAYSIA | Friday, 18 November 2011 | Views [317]

The 2 1/2 hours flight to KK was delayed from 6pm.  Someone took my seat which turned out fine because I sat right at the back with a lady about my age whose mother was caring for her, and we had a great time.  Although our understanding of each others accent was constrained, we both enjoyed the time together.

My prebooked meal rated maybe 3/10.

To ou mutual delight, there turned out to be a rear exit, so expecting to be last, I was first off the plane.  But where to now? It was raining, dark and I was momentarily lost as to direction to the terminal.

In the immigration queue, for re-entering Malaysia, I got chatting with what rather looked like a group of Rotarians and Rotary wives.  Yes, they were off to the district conference here!

One chat said - that man was last year's DG - as it happened he was behind me in my queue.  So I just said ,'it must be nice to go to DC not having the worries of being DG' and we were off and running!  Yes he said, the district has 63 clubs in 3 countries.  I told him about Kathie on MSE and he was thrilled to hear about your opportunity, and said he hopes Kathie you see it in the context of Rotary and its goals.  I said, my daughter does but the exchangee didn't have the benefit of Kathie's rotary understanding.  So again, out of the blue, a wonderful chat with a random stranger, and a number of his DC group listening in.

Easy pickup at the airport and at the hotel by 9.30pm.  OMG the prices seem obscene in the context of Malaysia, so once again very happy for my stash of milk biscuits.  Used to nibble them. Can demolish two now with a cup of tea and they don't even hit the sides.

Read the next story for what happened next inmy room.

xxM

About melaniebrigden


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.